Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having an issue with heat and am hoping someone with more experience with tuning cam have a glance at my map. Pretty much I can do one pull and it goes to 220 to as high as 245 degrees. If I am driving normal or at around 5psi it never goes past 190. I turned it down to 12 psi but even there temperature will sky rocket simply merging into a highway.

I am thinking maybe it just has too much timing. I have the distributer set at the center and below I attached my map. Its a bin file so before you can load it please change the extension to SKL and then just open on hondata. I haven't done much with timing since I cant hear knocking, the engine is loud and I have a straight pipe with a fart can. So to my belief its pretty conservative. Also I have vtec engagement right when the turbo begins to spool so that is why its a bit lower than usual.

I do have a dual core radiator with a slim fan. I will do some datalogs and look at my intake temperature when the wastegate is open to see if I notice something. As it sits right now, its wired to the stock map. I took off the GM and will just try the motorola from xenocron next week, still at 9 psi it still overheats.

This is my street tune, I simply cannot justify on spending the cash on a dyno tune with situations as they currently are.

Help much appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
You "have the dizzy set in the middle"? You didnt actully set the timing with a timing light?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Its got more timing than my NA motor! My opinion is there is too much timing, even on the low cam map right before it switches to high cam. Ive heard alot of folks running 10-12 degrees on the top end. With 1-2 degrees pulled per psi.

Im ASSUMING your afr's are correct?

If you cant afford dyno time, atleast spend some time trying to find others maps and seeing what range they have their timing at.

You have a det can, or some sort of knock detection?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its got more timing than my NA motor! My opinion is there is too much timing, even on the low cam map right before it switches to high cam. Ive heard alot of folks running 10-12 degrees on the top end. With 1-2 degrees pulled per psi.

Im ASSUMING your afr's are correct?

If you cant afford dyno time, atleast spend some time trying to find others maps and seeing what range they have their timing at.

You have a det can, or some sort of knock detection?
Ok I will look through the Hondata website and download a few maps. I tried downloading a few similar to my setup but it just ran so horrible with them. I will reference them though for timing

Yes I tuned my AFR's to the target lambda values.

I do not have a Det can :(

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I dont have SManager on this computer. Whats your total timing? and what do your plugs look like?
Pulled them now, yea they are hot, Dark grey.

I compared to a few maps I found on the archives and some have way more timing than I did. Anyway I pulled quite a bit on the boost tables and lowered the vtec. I am going to go out and try it and will post in a bit

:bigok: Thanks

Edit Also hotrodj, I went through the map configurations and timing was set to 0.75 per lb of boost so yea I messed up there. I set it to 1.2 per lbs and a few other changes

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lol, Your timing and fuel tables are WAYY messed up.

Here is your high speed ign table

Here is mine, and how it should look.

All of your fuel and timing tables look like the one above. Your columns and everything are all sorts of jumbled too. :/

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think that file got corrupted when you switch it to the correct file format, because that is not at all what I have on my graph,

BUT!! I must say thanks to HotrodJ because I just came back and it drives so much better, never went to 200 degrees I believe. I will post a video and log in a bit

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
It is looks pretty good when I opened it lol Not a jumble. Just seems like alot of timing to me under boost. My NA map maxes @25 degrees.

Glad its running better man, but you should seriously look into some knock detection at this point.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is looks pretty good when I opened it lol Not a jumble. Just seems like alot of timing to me under boost. My NA map maxes @25 degrees.

Glad its running better man, but you should seriously look into some knock detection at this point.

:bigok:

Rep for you
Just finished going through the log and 195 was the highest temp I got. For the small changes I made, it did a lot better. I will look into a DET can so I can safely turn up the boost again and continue working on the timing.

Here is a small shaky video at low boost

Again THankS!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts