Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a 255 pump from high fuel systems yeah eBay I know I thought it was a walbro..so after I installed it using a write up DIY fairly straight forward ..so when it. Comes down to starting

I let the pump whine 3 times .. then go to start it .. and the car cranks like it wants to start but doesn't. Any help here please

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
which fuel filter sock did you use on it?? the stock one or one that it came with?? did you pull your fuel line off the fuel rail to see if you had fuel up to that point?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did disconnect the fuel line and let the pump whine 3 times... the last time a little came out ... in which i attempted to start again and no luck..

i Broke my stock fuel filter sock :-( so im using the one they supplied which is like 1/2 the size.. is that the name of it??? FUEL FILTER SOCK?? cause i was looking around under the name fuel pump filter and had no luck...

so even tho gas came out the 3rd time when i attempted to start the car same thing... im not sure... im panicking and i have till monday to get it right.. MOnday is turbo dyno day for me .. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
431 Posts
it may be helpful for you to just put some fuel hose on the return of the rail
and dump it into a bottle or somewhere. unless there is really coming fuel
out of the return (not just some) there is def. something wrong and it's not
worth the drained battery to try more motor starts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found a solution after going to autozone and getting a new sock =\ shit cost 20 bucks tho... so i started to put my stock fuel pump back on and i noticed it that the strainer/sock went a certain way.. completely oposite of the 255 when i had it set up... so the conclusion was... the pump that i had purchases was flipped 180 degrees and the way i had it set up originally the sock/strainer was in the air not getting fuel... so i fixed it with a little bit of modifying the cradel it sits in and it fires right up... now being the dumass that i am i started the car with no oil what so ever in the car...so 6 seconds of that i turn it off... then add 2 quarts of oil... and remember i dont have the oil fiter on.. so its been a long day but i only have 2 things left.. turbo muffler/piping and Oil feed like ( i can not find the right fitting to thread into the block.. its 1/8 but its like a special thread and i dunno i cant find a fitting to work so i guess ill take it to the dyno shop and have them deal with it..

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
2. 1 out of every 5 255 pumps are bad. i have had 3 in my car as of now
Huh? Of the hundreds and hundreds of Walbro and other brand 255s I have seen/sold there have been only a handful that were returned as defective. One in five sounds a bit high...

found a solution after going to autozone and getting a new sock =\ shit cost 20 bucks tho... so i started to put my stock fuel pump back on and i noticed it that the strainer/sock went a certain way.. completely oposite of the 255 when i had it set up... so the conclusion was... the pump that i had purchases was flipped 180 degrees and the way i had it set up originally the sock/strainer was in the air not getting fuel... so i fixed it with a little bit of modifying the cradel it sits in and it fires right up... now being the dumass that i am i started the car with no oil what so ever in the car...so 6 seconds of that i turn it off... then add 2 quarts of oil... and remember i dont have the oil fiter on.. so its been a long day but i only have 2 things left.. turbo muffler/piping and Oil feed like ( i can not find the right fitting to thread into the block.. its 1/8 but its like a special thread and i dunno i cant find a fitting to work so i guess ill take it to the dyno shop and have them deal with it..
Sounds like you have the wrong pump...341 and 342 pumps have the inlet/outlets in different orientations

1 - 12 of 12 Posts