Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used turbo want to keep a/c . Turbo was setup the normal way on a d series with it being right where the a/c compressor would sit. I am trying to make the turbo sit the other way pointing towards passenger side by rotating it horizontally 180. But this makes the air discharge point opposite of the driver side of intercooler where i think I need to pipe it to **** Question am i able to undo the bolts on backing plate and turn the compressor so my intercooler piping is easier it appears bolts would line up if i turn it 180 dergrees vertically ? Or would that screw up my oil lines ? Or are those two oil line locations interchangeable on turbos as in feed from where drain was ? Or will pieces come flying out i cannot put back together and or mess up how it is balanced***
Thanks in advance, James.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
519 Posts
Yes, you can remove the compressor cover and re-clock it. Some turbos use a pin to index the covers, and that will need to be removed.
Oil only goes one way through the center section, you can also re-clock it as well to make everything work out.

What turbo do you have?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an ebay brand possibly Emusa as thats the brand of manifold. It was working before when previous owner had it appears to have been used a decent amount but not a ton and shaft play is minimal. Thanks for your input! **Update i got it on the car how i wanted and it fits with the cold side of turbo pointing to pass side. Ha ha it took so many tries finally got it with the manifold already on then i put the turbo on through the bottom while turning it with the clocking bolts loose** It actually rests on the engine block on the cold side which i dunno if thats a good thing or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Is that metal or plastic mess you have on the turbo?
If plastic toss it for metal at the least but why not run a filter?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was like that when i got it. Its metal ...Planning on using an Injen filter off a y7 cold air intake.. if it fits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts