Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 honda civic HX 5spd...
ok here is the deal, i was driving to work one morning, and all of this suden my freeking CEL came on.... i was pissed, so i threw open my hood, l;ooked around nothing looked bad or any thing... so i pulled my neg cable pumped the brakes for a bit... waited like 10 min reconect.... nothing get to work, get off run down to the local shucks(checker/kregen) check my ODB II port it says on my p0420 has code has been thrown... ok i look that up in my chiltons... catlist below proper threshhold, ok so i rip out my o2 sensor up top... dip it all night in carborator cleaner till it freeking shines... put it back in... nothing for 3 weeks, than back on... but at times i'll drive and it will go off for a couple of days, and once i think its not goingto come back comes back on....

whats up o2 sensors, wiring, or bad cat???
no i have not cleaned my lower o2 sensor becasue it goes off and on...

i need help my single slaming friends!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for real... whats up wiht my car?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
ok heres a real good permenant cheap fix...
www.o2simulator.com
to replace the lower o2 sensor...its worth the money.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok to state 2 questions....
1: $20 for o2 sensors... it crap try about $60(perfered cust pricing) adn both times i go to shucks... they were the wrong sensor.
2: no cleaning the o2 wiht carb and choke cleaner is not bad... ive done it for ever, and a grip of my guys do it monthly to keep the cars running good!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so anymore help?? casue most of my work does nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts