Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i swaped to itbs and my car didnt run for nothing so i put the factory manifold back on and it still runs like crap. What happens is when the car is part throttle it acts like it is hitting rev limiter and cuts all the fuel on all cy. Ive changed the map sensor, took apart the engine wiring harness, changed the plugs. It seems to always ending up throwing a IACV code. The idle air control valve should not cause the problem. Its a a6 with a a6 head. Ive changed the computers and it basicly does the same thing. I had accidently swaped the iacv and iat plugs but they are correct now. COuld that have damaged somthing? According to my S-afc my throttle position sensor seems on track. For some reason the computer goes nuts and cuts fuel or its in the distributor somewhere. Got any ideas im tired of bumming a ride:cry:

·
Registered
636 Posts
does the cell light ?
what is you max rpm right now ?

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Did you happed to switch the IACV plug and the purge solenoid? Does the a6 even have one sorry not sure :(

·
Banned
939 Posts
Yes, the A6 has a purge valve, however, it's located on the firewall. No need to unplug it during manifold swap.

I'd pull out the trusty Helms and reset your idle exactly. Don't skip any parts. The throttle cable must have some slack in it. Set your RPM with the IACV unplugged and check the timing.

Sometimes, things begin working against one another when various adjustables are too far apart.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i kinda got it running. I had done the dpfi to mpfi swap a while ago and i hooked the green plug to the iacv and it ran fine. I read on the internet somewhere that i dont need the green plug; i dunno. anyways i drove it around for a few min and pulled back into my driveway and the car dies... will not start back and the fuel pump dont kick in anymore. i have a check engine light on the dash but the computer shows no codes. I checked the fuses under the hood and they are all good. Im thinking its the main relay. I changed ecus and thats not the problem. Maybe one day my car will run again:fag:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i found the altanator/silonoid valve fuse was blown. Normaly fuses do not blow for no reason but i changed the fuse and it has not blown yet. anybody gots and clue on the color of that plug for the iacv. The green one seems to be it and its running fine with it.

L

·
0 Posts
I seem to be having that same problem when u sort out ur problem please tell me, i have changed the map sensor ,tps, plugs, plug wires, distributor and i get the same result. In my case sometimes the car starts fine and other times it will start and then die, and if u start it and try to rev it out it acts as if the plugs are fouled. There are cases when i will be driving and all of a sudden the car dies. I have an HKS afr and when i use it to show throttle % sometimes it just jumps to zero % and the car dies. I would think that has to do with TPS, i get no code and the TPS i am using works, so what could be the problem. If i take off the connection to the TPS and drive with CEL it yields the same result where at time it will drive normally and all of a sudden just act as if the injectors are not opening that is LEan out all of a sudden. So what i have to is put the car in neutral and then rev it out until the car goes back to normal which sometimes take a while. But i am still trying to figure out wat would cause that. Any ideas people?

·
Registered
636 Posts
why is it that ones in awhile some has this problem !? and no one ever finding the solution !? yours is bad .. but alot are having this also.. that lean runnning thing ! even i had it !.. but seemed 2 be a ign. problem.. in that way the ign in the map was 2 much i think ! running a stock program did it !...

try turn you ign other way from where it is now,
have you renewed you fuel filters ?
and leaks anywhere ?

fuck what else ?

L

·
0 Posts
i tried the timing, no i have not renewed my fuel filters as yet, and from what i know no leaks, i smell no gas and no oil burning newhere.

I was thinking does the air temp sensor or IACV have nething to do with it? When sensors like that are going bad how do they react?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts