Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my car on the highway. i came to a stop light. couple of times it was hard to put it in to first gear. then another stop it was hader to go into 1st gear. i shifted gears and then i went to second. tried all gears and then third. i slowed down and now it seems stuck at 2nd gear. i managed to drive it home.
now its at my garage i checked the fluid level in the trans sensor hole. it seems filled. i need this car out of this garage.
I checked the fluids and it is ok.
Clutch pedal seems to be easy when pressing.
whats wrong with it …..

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
check mounts. check shifter for binding.

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check mounts. check shifter for binding.
ok i checked the mounts shifter bushing i have a ktuned shifter shift knob. barely new like 2k miles on it new bushings etc. feels like it moves side to side. i checked the bitch pin where meets the transmission it is leaking fluid.
slightly leaking and idk i hope not the trans. can i like grab a pry bar to pull that bitch pin rod the trans back fourth etc? or is my trans bad. it can't move.
i also can't leave my car here in this garage .fkkk…. i don't wanna try to pry the thing and try free it and it can't go back again . i should just leave it in 2nd and drive out this dam garage.

is the trans dust or naw? will messing with that rod thing work?

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
First off replace the shift rod seal. Inspect the shift linkage while it is disconnected. The hole in the linkage and in he shift rod should be round. If it is oval it needs to be replaced. Look at the fluid when you drain it to replace the seal, are there silver non-magnetic flakes in it?

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off replace the shift rod seal. Inspect the shift linkage while it is disconnected. The hole in the linkage and in he shift rod should be round. If it is oval it needs to be replaced. Look at the fluid when you drain it to replace the seal, are there silver non-magnetic flakes in it?
i checked the whole shift linkage. i removed the shifter and rod the shift rod is just solid stuck.
stuck in second gear. is it possible to try pound the transmission rod back in other gears? i will replace the seal if it would just go in gears. the rod can't even move.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,107 Posts
don't pound on anything. wait patiently for bone or aqua to show up

1 - 9 of 9 Posts