Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. I need to get the '90 DX hatch that i bought on the road asap. Now I don't have the time (nor have i ever attempted) replacing an engine myself, so now I'm forced to get raped by taking it to a shop, but anyway, on to the problem at hand.

One shop I called has a low mileage D15b7, and I'm just wondering how well that would work or if there are any issues with sticking that in an obd-0 dual point EF without converting to mpfi or obd-1. Basically they're just gonna stick the engine in there and let it rip (besides using or TRYING to use the d15b2 manifolds, etc).

I'd much rather do this than pay to have someone stick a ~100k mile b2 in there, but I also don't want the car running like crap either.

So thanks for the help, and I'd like some quick replies, and YES I have searched, but never came across exactly what I was looking for. There seem to be people running this engine as obd-0 and dpfi, but they never specify if there were any problems or if there's anything to be done other than just dropping it in and hooking up all of the EF junk to it.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well there are numerous problems. But i figure the most bullet proof way, would be to get the d15b7 long block and install the existing dpfi IM and exhuast header on it. thus you would retain the same induction system as stock, and basically have a new block.

the displacment would be the same so you should be okay, your biggest problem is which sensors etc have been moved around on the block.

This might sound stupid but for the price of the shop doing this for you, wouldn't it be easier to just get the stock block rebuilt?

Hope it helps

-Juan

p.s. now if you are going to use the d15b7 IM with 4 injectors that is alot more problems....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts