Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys, new to this, I don’t know a hell of a lot about Honda conversions, but I’m lead to believe it’s all quite easy and interchangeable so I’m looking for some advice/parts list for what’s required to do the conversion I’m wanting to do if someone can please help!!
I have a 1990 NZ New EF Hatch running a single carb manual choke d13b and I’m wanting to convert to a D15b sohc vtec. I have a complete driving JDM Manual EG LXi Sedan Donor car that says on the vin tag that it should be a d16a but has a D15b that runs fine(unsure on ecu, can check if need to know).
*edit*Checked ecu, it is a p08
Basically I’m wanting to know what I need to do to swap it all over. Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers @slo_eg8
I’ll have a good look over it and see what I can do.
from the quick look I had, the issue I think I’m going to run into is that my car is Carby andI’m pretty sure the car in the article was injected to begin with. I’ll pull mine apart when I get the time and see what I can see. Might have to source a entire body look from a crx or a si ef

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
You'll still need to convert an EFI harness to run the newer motor. You could run the EG cabin loom and repin whatever electronics your EF came equipped with (windows/ cluster/ HVAC/mirrors. You'll also need the fuel tank / hanger / pump / fuel lines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@EFB055 I’m lucky in that my car is base model asf so has pretty much manual everything. Wind up windows etc
The cluster doesn’t have a rev counter and has a cable speedo I’m pretty sure so I’d say I’ll only need to re-pin for a gauge or 2 and the warning lights etc.
So I think I might take your advice and swap the cabin loom. Over the next week or so I’ll pull the entire EG car loom from the back of the car through from the boot all the way to the bay so the entire car loom is on top of the motor and drop the whole front subframe out with it all in one.
I’m going to try run all the eg brakes too as it has disk rear and my hatch is drum, so watch this space I suppose.
Cheers for the advice. I think that’s the best idea I’ve been given so far. So thanks a bunch man!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@EFB055 this might sound stupid, but what’s HVAC? Air con? My car wasn’t optioned with it, and I’m defs not running it. I’m in the Deep South of New Zealand, so your more likely to need a heater then a/c 😂😅 🥶

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
544 Posts
@EFB055 this might sound stupid, but what’s HVAC? Air con? My car wasn’t optioned with it, and I’m defs not running it. I’m in the Deep South of New Zealand, so your more likely to need a heater then a/c 😂😅 🥶
Heater Ventilation and Air Conditioning. No worries. Make sure you label all your plugs and you'll find that any plugs you need for the EF will probably have similar coloured wires on the EG harness for you to repin if needed. Make sure you've got an EG and EF wiring schematic to reference if you get into trouble.

Your harness will be really similar to the oz spec EF wagon which is a super light harness, hardly anything in it. Unfortunately you're going to have a bunch of redundant wiring in that EG harness. Particularly because it's a 4dr, but it's just not worth the time removing the stuff you don't need. You could just run the front cabin harness / ED rear and run a wire for the fuel pump and repin your tailights/demister/handbrake onto an EG plug to connect to the front cabin loom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds like a plan, cheers man.
Will probs thin the loom a little at least.ive found a efi tank, just gotta pick it up.
Any links to wiring diagrams?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE
I’ve got the entire loom from the EG sedan out and carefully labelled every plug and earth etc. Just have to get rid of the shell and parts left over so I can lay the loom out and do abit of thinning before I even look at the EF(doesn’t help that I’m using the EF as a daily atm)

Anybody need any EG Sedan parts? Cheap 😅

1 - 11 of 11 Posts