Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, I don't usually ride with passengers so I'm not exactly sure when this started.

Everytime the passenger door is closed my idle drops really quick (down to 500rpm)then surges to 1800rpm. When this happens the car also runs rich for a second (looking at my wideband) and the vacuum goes from 22-23in at idle to 18-20in during the surge.

It doesnt happen if i slam the driver door, trunk, or hood. It doesnt happen while driving, going over bumps, etc... I cant get it to do it by hitting the dash or floorpan or anything on the passenger side.

Only thing that causes the problem is when the passenger door is shut.

It doesnt really seem to cause any real problems, but it annoys the piss out of me knowing something isnt quite right.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

video here:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i36.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid36.photobucket.com/albums/e34/SilentWrath/carprobs001.flv">

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
thats insain... a door? There nothing connecting the door to the motor...

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats insain... a door? There nothing connecting the door to the motor...
the door is the ONLY thing!!

I thought it might be vibrating the ecu, but i took off the plate and was hitting the ecu around and nothing....

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
sounds like a short somewhere, or maybe a screwed up ground for the dome light or something causing a voltage drop

i dunno :confused:

try keeping the door open, but pushing the little button that controls the dome light and see if that does anything

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
is it electric windows/mirrors? possibly the door harness is arching out...thats my only though...
manual windows :wacko:

sounds like a short somewhere, or maybe a screwed up ground for the dome light or something causing a voltage drop

i dunno

try keeping the door open, but pushing the little button that controls the dome light and see if that does anything
I tried messing with the switch thing for the light. Nothing.

I'm really stumped with this one.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bump for suggestions.

·
Registered
2004 Ram 5.7
1,013 Posts
The dome light switch on the door jamb. Tape it in the closed position and see if it does it again. It might be a switch getting ready to die on you. Maybe it's something else loose under your dash near the pass side.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
well it's weird as hell
but
A) the door is on the same side as ecu... check if the vibration is shaking a loose cable on the ecu.
B) try to push with your fingers the door switch for the dome light and see if the same happens.
C) Contact your local Exhorcist

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Sounds like its shorting somewhere causing a voltage drop and the ELD Is picking it up and compensating. try tapping around the door "flange" where the door seal meets the car and see if it does it. also, turn on your headlights and a/c see if it changes. Try disconnecting your IACV and see if it still does it and then your ELD.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
The dome light switch on the door jamb. Tape it in the closed position and see if it does it again. It might be a switch getting ready to die on you. Maybe it's something else loose under your dash near the pass side.
only thing with the CRX door switch is that all it does is complete a ground. its simply a piece of metal sliding inside another and when the door shuts the ground is interrupted and the light turns off. its not really a "switch" by conventional means

1 - 20 of 20 Posts