Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 ex
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finnaly finished puttin in my cluth then i was puttin the boot back on the slave cylinder and it came apart and leaked fluid all on th ground i put it back together correctly i think but the pedal stays on the floor. and doesnt do anything when i press it except i can hear fluid sloshing. do i need to bleed it now that it came apart?? or what do i need to do????? thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
sounds like a bad slave..you can bleed it to see if it gets better before you buy a new slave..all so make sure the slave is not leaking

·
Registered
98 ex
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
il try the bleed first. i hope thats all it is dont really wanna replace it. when i bleed it i have an assistant pump 3 times then hold then i ope the valve right? will fluid come out when i open it or just air?

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
the bleed should do the trick, you should flush it out while ur doing so. to bleed your clutch use a box end wrench and open the bleeder valve, have your resovour topped with fluid and tell your assistant to push the pedal DOWN. air and brake fluid will come out in a spray. while the clutch is still to the ground tighten the bleeder valve and instruct your assistant to let the pedal UP. do this repeatedly (adding more fluid to the resivour as needed) until when your assistant pushes the pedal down a steady stream of fluid comes out.. no air should come out at all. At that point tighten the bleeder and pump the clutch pedal until it is nice and firm. check pedal free play and test drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts