Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay im starting my d16z6 turbo build and iv got a set of vitara pistons on the way .. i had intended to use the stock rods with them since im only wanting about 200-250whp but iv been informed that u cant use the stock rods with the vitara pistons??

so what is the cheapest possible rods i can get that i can use the vitaras with??
possibly ls rods or something?

·
Registered
98 Civic
1,245 Posts
If you wanna use stock rods dont waste your time doing vitaras... The stock rods will go before the stock pistons do.

If you want cheap rods to use with vitaras then check out tuner toys H-Beams... Next would be eagles for a little more $$. Both of those will net very low compression with vitaras.

Or for about the same price as the eagles you can get custom length rods from FJT here on the site that are slighty longer and will net a little higher compression with the vitaras... around 9:1 i believe.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
You can use stock rods but they will need machining to be able to be converted for a floating wrist pin..

If you want to use H beams there is another choice other than TT and Eagles and that would be our Standard H Beam rods (FJ R SPEC).. ALso there is the Custom length I beams rods for the vitaras.

·
Registered
594 Posts
dude...that doesn't even make any sense. The weakest link in the bottom end is the connecting rods...why would you get aftermarket pistons, but not rods? Even if you could use the stock rods with the Vitara's, that wouldn't make any sense. Anyway, if you're getting Vitaras I'd get the longer I beam rods, if you can still get them. If not, just go with some good ol' trusty H beam forged rods.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it dose sound alittle dumb its just that i forgot to include the rods in my shopping list and now iv only got like 200$ for da rods

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i think im just gonna pick up some eagle rods off ebay for 260ish

im only looking for about 200-250whp which i think i could get from a completely stock motor but knowing me in the future i will want more and i midaswell just build for 300+whp that way i can just turn up the boost later

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you kinda. I don't have vitara's ( I might go forged) and I'm not necessarly looking for the cheapest rod but yeah, I'm with you on eagle rods. I don't exactly feel 100% confident in the fjt or TT rods. no offensive.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Here's another option, Eagles for $289

http://www.d-series.org/forums//showthread.php?t=99662

That's the same as FJT's H-beams, although I would spend the little extra for the custom length I-beams from FJT
Talk to me.. I can give you a D-series.org first time member hook up on the rods..:biggrin:

so i can give you a bit better deal than $289 on the H beams... Even though for the vitaras i would go with the custom length beams which are on special for $322

1 - 12 of 12 Posts