Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went through this car wash where you get to sit in it while it cleans. My car was on and it was in neutral. Got through the whole wash and then I went to vaccum the inside. Finished vaccuming, and then tried to start my car and it just made this clicking noise. Checked the fuses,distributor,spark plug wires, and everything no start. To make a long story short i had to push start it to get home. I have a hood tilt if that helps and an intake. Anything that you guys think might have caused it to not fire up after washing the car would be greatly appreicated!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no start just a click click noise. It sounds like its coming from the starter. Oh and also my battery is dead now.. kinda weird

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Check your terminals. They may have been loose and drained the battery.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
hmm maybe hydro locked try takin out the plugs and puting em back in? maybe a ground wire got loose

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
pull the distributer cap off and check to see if any water got inside.
if it was that wouldn't it at least crank? just curious

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far no water in distributor, ill check the terminals on the battery...stupid car wash haha

·
Registered
48 Posts
It could be that little plug that connects to the starter that almost looks like a speaker terminal i know im not the only one thats experienced that thing coming off. other then that mabe a bad battery terminal or ground.

·
3,566 Posts
So far no water in distributor, ill check the terminals on the battery...stupid car wash haha
Yea it sounds like either loose terminals or that the battery just went.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes checked fuses but im thinking maybe the fuses got wet. and checked the little speaker wire connector and its in. Maybe the battery terminals went bad. And i took my battery to autozone so they can test it and it came out good..still stumped

·
3,566 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts