Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is my problem. I took my car get tuned and the whole day it had troubles starting up, but after a few times cranking on it it would start. On the way home from the tuner I stalled out the car, and ever since then I have had problem after problem... So when I change the injectors, map sensor and the tuned chip back to stock parts it has no problem starting up and running. Now when the 750's, gm 3bar map sensor and the tuned chip are in, the car turns over but will not start.. So, I was playing around and I found out if I unplug the injectors from the passanger side shock tower and kinda pulse the plug while I'm starting the car, I can get the car to start, but as soon as I have the plug fully connected it bugs the car down and dies. But if I keep pulsing the plug I can keep the car running. Please help me guys, I'm stumped......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've called the tuner (Hybrid Dynamics) and they don't feel it's the tune. I've replaced everything and there is no difference except for when I change out the injectors, map sensor and chip.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
of course they dont. they dont wanna deal with a comeback they already have your money

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
yeah, im with these guys...if it wasnt doing it before it went to the tuner, and now its acting up...then its on the tuner...Call there asses out!

·
Registered
646 Posts
have you tried starting the car with the other parts and the stock chip? I would go through and try starting it with one part installed at a time. I'm not sure if it sounds like a tuning issue though. If you have to wiggle the injector plugs to keep it running, it sounds like you have a loose connection. Or maybe you have a bad connection. It could be in the tune, but I'm not sure how a tune would affect the injectors being able to be plugged in all the way or not. What program are you running?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, thats what I thought too. I thought it was no much fuel on start up.. But I can't really tell unless it's at the tuner. So i'm gonna try and start it with the 3 bar map sensor and the tuned chip in with stock injectors just to make sure it's not the injectors.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Its your tune man!!!!! I would bet the Start up correction is way too rich, just like everyone else has said. try it with all of the aftermarket parts, injectors, map sensor installed with the stock chip, bet starts fine. If you swap it out to the tuned chip and it brings the probs back, then there is only 1 thing it can be, and your tuner will have to take care of it. Dont let em get away with wasting your money man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts