Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to help a friend with a del Sol VTEC he bought, and the PO had taken the trans apart to put an LS 5th gear in. As you can guess it didn't go back together right and the 5th gear slider ended up eating a synchro so my friend located the parts to repair this and brought it to me.

I put everything back in order on the stacks, and went to dry run dropping the cover on the case but no go. It feels like the rod for the tallest fork (5th/reverse IIRC) is the hangup as the case seems to pivot some there. It's not even down to the snap ring, maybe a 3/4" gap between bell housing and cover. We checked and rechecked everything and it all looked to be normal and where it should be. I could be wrong, as this is the first hydro B box I've been in but it's still very similar to my J1 unit.

Sorry I don't have any pics, he took it back with him since i'm in the process of moving, but I can get him to snap some if necessary.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
put it in 3rd gear by pulling out on the shift shaft, assuming all else is correct. Then there is the wiggle...

J1 is much easier, IMHO the easiest, easier than any D series.

PS: I need to hit someplace in LA during my travels, was planning on clipping the NW edge....HOWDY :)

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
put it in 3rd gear by pulling out on the shift shaft, assuming all else is correct. Then there is the wiggle...

J1 is much easier, IMHO the easiest, easier than any D series.

PS: I need to hit someplace in LA during my travels, was planning on clipping the NW edge....HOWDY :)
Thanks. And yes, mine was silly easy once I figured out the bolt heads on the mFactory diff contact first gear and need to be cut down >_<

I saw your post the other day, and meant to say you need to pass through. I'm center of northern LA (Ruston), but on I20. Just keep me in the loop, may can provide a place to crash if needed! Also, need to PM you about finding some parts.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts