Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, another ZC post.
I've been searching for weeks for a thread or some type of advice column answering my questions. So far, I haven't found anything, little things here and there, but nothing to my liking. What I'm looking for is detailed information on what I should do to build up my SOHC ZC, maybe a list of how I should build the block, like what type of pistons to use, and what else I should do. I'm also going to be using a VTEC head from a y8, so detailed information on what I should do to that before I put it on would be awesome. I've been told that I can get the same horsepower/torque as a b16a if I build it right, but I'm pretty skeptical about it. I also use this car everyday, so I don't want to go all out and then it blow on me later in the week. I don't believe in NOS or turbo, so please don't suggest it.

Thanks for reading my post, and I hope to hear from everyone soon.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I may ask, what should I be looking for? If you didn't read under my username, it says "n00b."

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Well, you never mentions which of the many variants of a SOHC ZC you have.

Figure out the USDM equivalent and it gets real easy.

You'll never get the same hp/tq as a B16 with a D16.

You'll end up with more usable torque, but less overall HP since you don't need to spin a SOHC to the moon.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What can I check to know which ZC mine is?
I was looking on Wiki and supposedly there's only four kinds, a non-vtec zc, a "rare" zc, a vtec zc, and a dohc zc.
If this information is true, then I'm pretty sure I have the first one, and my valve cover is gray.
And I'm asking help to build it up cause anyone can get a swap.
Not really much pride in that.

Thanks again for reading my post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts