Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight i just picked this hatch up and it has some work done to it already .. its the fastest sohc that i have road in so far .. but i wanna build the motor now ... everything on is is in good condition and doesnt need replaced so im just gonna keep the parts that were already on the motor ... so help me out with any suggestions .. thanks

engine-
obd0 ls tb
94 d16z6 intake manifold
jdm d15b block
pm5 pistons
10mm spark plug wires
crane 251-0016 d16a6 camshaft (stage 3 or 4 not sure)
aem 3 bolt adjustable cam gear
intake
header
header back exhaust no cat or resonator [came this way] =(
aftermarket fuel rail
chipped ecu redline 9300 [6000k built in 2step]
full wire tuck

tranny:
88 crx dx tranny
short shifter
stage 2 clutch

i think its a pretty good place to start with the mods already done .. but looking to fully build this ... but idk what to start at ... so where should i go from here .. thanks

also im havign a idle surge and i cant figure out the problem ... i took off the iacv and clean it good, bleed my coolant so there is no air ... car doesnt have a fitv ... only code its throwing is the #10 IAT ... if i take off my intake and cover the iacv hoel the car dies ... and it only surges when the car warms up or the needle starts to even move for being warm ... and i think it only surges when its colder out because sometimes it doesnt do it when its kinda warm out??

i wanna do all motor no turbo because i think it would be best for my motor but im not sure thats why im asking for help .. and if theres anyway i can add vtec or if i chould even add it let me know .. thanks

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
1) get rid of that 9300rpm redline chip. its garbage.

2) get a real tune

3) si tranny

4) get a nice header (4-1 longtube w/ nice collector)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
whats wrong with the header thats on the car ... i cant remember the brand but i knod its a name brand one ... and yeh i dont us that 9300 redline .. thats just crazy ...

i was thinking about gettign this stuff first

valve springs
fidanza flywheel
srp pistons and rings standard bore size 11:1 comp

get that and then get it tuned .. what do you think my car would have to the wheels then and what do you think it has now?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
too tough to guess youll have to go to the dyno... i wouldnt rip it apart if it was mine just get an si tranny, bisi header ,and a better tune that will make it pretty quick

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
should i get a 91 si tranny or what ... cause didnt the jdm d15b come out of 92-95 civic ... i think thats what i heard .. i raced a rsx-sr (i think thats the model) yesterday and left his car by atleast 2 car lengths ... only aftermarket mod he had was exhuast but his car comes with type-r internals and stuff .. thats why i think it has a R afte the S .. but i was surprised i left him by 2 cars being his has way more hrsp stock ... but then his car does also weigh alot more than mine

·
Registered
383 Posts
should i get a 91 si tranny or what ... cause didnt the jdm d15b come out of 92-95 civic ... i think thats what i heard .. i raced a rsx-sr (i think thats the model) yesterday and left his car by atleast 2 car lengths ... only aftermarket mod he had was exhuast but his car comes with type-r internals and stuff .. thats why i think it has a R afte the S .. but i was surprised i left him by 2 cars being his has way more hrsp stock ... but then his car does also weigh alot more than mine

It would be nice to get the shorter geared si tranny over the long geared dx tranny better acceleration and your rpms wont drop as much
.Second ders no such thing as a rsx-sr and if it was a type-s with type-r internals ders no way he wouldve lost by 2 car lengths considering i had a rsx type-s with intake,exhaust,and motor mount insets and i wuz beating b16 crx's and pulling on b18c eg hatchbacks you mustve raced a bullshitter wit a base rsx lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it was a rsx-s aspec model ... and i did get his car by 2 cars im not lying ... and i know its a type-s because he got the car not even a year ago and i was with him when he got it ... and im being dead series about my car being the fastest sohc that i've ever road it ... and i've had plenty of peopel to say the same thing .. i mean the motor is pretty much new being it's rebuilt and has some performance mods ... you can tell the cam heps out alot ...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
should i get a 91 si tranny or what ... cause didnt the jdm d15b come out of 92-95 civic ... i think thats what i heard .. i raced a rsx-sr (i think thats the model) yesterday and left his car by atleast 2 car lengths ...
No no no, it's the rsx-srlmnop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts