Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello d-series.org i need help i was saving up money for a good turbo build but i got into a situation that disable me of putting anymore money into my build so i have to install everything i have asap i know being on stock rods i can only go to 200hp if that but i wont to know what will be the worst that can happen if i install everything i have......part list...... if it matters i got a 1998 honda civic ex 156,xxx miles

43ar/48ar t3 turbo
big ass intercooler and piping
8psi wastegate
bov
boost controler
feed and drain line
virgin p28 and obd 2 to obd1 hardness
stage 3 clutch(installed 200 miles ago)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Worst thing, it will still be a virgin with that virgin ecu. Get I/c piping from ebay and a cheap 450cc injectors, chipped yout ecu, get it tuned. You might be able to get away using stock fuel pump.

·
Registered
371 Posts
it will prob throw a code when it sees boost with a stock ecu.. spend 20 and get a chip kit so you can put a base map on there.. i ran 7psi on stock injectors but i wouldent run past 6 on stock injectors,, you also will need a wideband at least to keep things from blowing

·
Registered
852 Posts
Walboro is $80 shipped including install kit...I wouldn't use the stock pump but that's just me. DSM 450c are like $50 used. DIY boost controller for $10. Resistor boxes are free from the junkyard or I'll flat-rate one to you if you Paypal me the $5-6 for shipping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it will prob throw a code when it sees boost with a stock ecu.. spend 20 and get a chip kit so you can put a base map on there.. i ran 7psi on stock injectors but i wouldent run past 6 on stock injectors,, you also will need a wideband at least to keep things from blowing
where can i get the chip kit

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Worst thing, it will still be a virgin with that virgin ecu. Get I/c piping from ebay and a cheap 450cc injectors, chipped yout ecu, get it tuned. You might be able to get away using stock fuel pump.
later down the line i will be looking for full penatration:buttsex:

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
It wouldn't go past 6 because that's where the factory map sensor maxes out at. Duh.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
dont know where some people get there info but.....

our d-series have a 1.7 bar map sensor

lets do some math :D

atmospheric pressure = 1bar

1bar = ~14.5psi

14.5 x 1.7 = 24.99 psi

24.99psi - 14.5(atmospheric pressure) = 10.49

so a stock honda map sensor can read up to 10.49psi

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
you will be fine on a HEALTHY stock fuel pump up to ~ 220-250whp

i wouldnt boost 1psi on stock injectors ......dsm 450's are cheap as hell

i wouldnt boost 1psi without a chipped ecu.... Xenocron Tuning: Fuel Management and DIY Tuning Resource Center for Honda and Acura Performance - Hondata, eCtune, Neptune, Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata / www.phearable.org

you dont have a turbo manifold listed

you need a wideband if you plan on running a basemap....if you continue to run a base map change your oil every 1.5k miles of nice driving and every 1k of hard miles.....basemaps run rich, running rich causes alot of fuel to get blown past the rings, lots of fuel past the rings means its diluting your oil....dilute your oil with gasoline say goodbye to your bearings :)

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
First "." And "," are your friends.
Second there is no need to rush the install. Just keep it all boxed up till u have everything. Trust me im where u are. Got everything but management.
3rd. It will lean out and throw a rod if u run it with stock ecu and injectors.
4th honda map is good for 10psi always verify this via datalog not boost gauge.
5th. Do u have emissions where u live? If so ur have to remove the kit to pass since your obd2

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
a trained monkey can chip an ecu....supplys will cols about $20

40w soldering iron is $10.99 desolder braid is $4.19 and silver bearing solder is $5.99 all at radio shack

take your time....dont drip the solder onto the joint heat the joint and melt the solder on the joint

if your not willing to do it your looking at `$120-150 for a chipped p28

1 - 20 of 28 Posts