Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stay reading the forums here but I can't remember the last time I've posted if ever. haha Anywho, I have a d15b vtec in my eg an an auto trans, boosted with a t04e 50 trim, with 450cc injectors. No one will make a chip for my socket p28 that Ive found, but I have a 1st gen. vafc, and I also have an edelbrock piggyback( part # 1504) My question is which would be best to tune with for the time being until I swap for a 5spd? If I use the vafc I have to get wideband or a missing link. If I use the edelbrock unit, it has it's own map so I don't need wideband or tuning, just plug and go. But does anyone no if it will work with the auto trans? or will it make a difference? Thanks for any and all help!! -Colton

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
a tune is not something you want to bandaid for a while. do it right the first time.

btw boost+missing link+vafc= pure crappery

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I know, but it's my dd. I just need something to get me by for a couple months. I know the vafc isn't great for that at all, but I've seen it done and can't find anything til I can 5spd swap my shit. I was just wondering if anyone had any other methods?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have read about running 2 ecus one for the auto trans (not hooked up to the injectors or igniter but all the rest hooked up) and one running the injectors and ignition + the mil. Its hard to keep the auto trans one happy with shift points and dtcs.

With some time and a lot of wiring it could be done but not worth it. Don’t put the turbo on till u get the trans in.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
An obd1 auto can be tuned JUST like a manual one. The only one that cant be tuned is the OBD2 auto which i hace. Im gonna be running the AEM F/IC. You need to find a tuner for your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts