Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal.. its a completely bone stock d16z6 with 99xxx miles and daily driven about 35 miles a day.. i'm looking to build it and boost it with minimal psi, probably about 7-8 pounds for now.. what are the steps i need to take in order to build it up properly and reliably? i've heard they have bolt on turbo kits for single cams, but then i've heard its cheaper if i was to go custom.. so any direction where to start would greatly be appreciated. thanks.
 

·
the hard-parker
Joined
·
4,257 Posts
start with the turbo stickies at the top. those will help you get on your way
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
IMHO i think for someone not looking for alot power but reliability boost go with a kit. Because yea maybe putting together a kit is cheaper but, in my case i wanted a reliable build kit. my total cost was around 2,000 most of stuff was used. Im not a fan of anything ghetto and i only buy usually well know manfac. stuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whatthehell1051 said:
IMHO i think for someone not looking for alot power but reliability boost go with a kit. Because yea maybe putting together a kit is cheaper but, in my case i wanted a reliable build kit. my total cost was around 2,000 most of stuff was used. Im not a fan of anything ghetto and i only buy usually well know manfac. stuff
HMMMMMMM.. so is it better for a person with my needs to go with a kit? i was actually looking into that path since i dont really have time for piecing together a kit myself but i still need to do a lot of things first..
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
IMO yes but im sure in the next couple of hours someone is gonna say don't but def. get a kit i say. Oh and my friend has a greddy kit for a 92-95 civic. he wasn't gonna sell it but if you want it i could get him to sell it to ya. Its been used for like 200 miles seriously he swap engines so he doesn't need it. PM me if interested
 

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
Joined
·
25,544 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
IMHO i think for someone not looking for alot power but reliability boost go with a kit.
bah!! how is putting together a kit yourself not reliable?? with the right chosen parts it can be just as, if not more reliable that a prefab kit
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ryan89crx said:
bah!! how is putting together a kit yourself not reliable?? with the right chosen parts it can be just as, if not more reliable that a prefab kit
/\ yea and getting a hold of those RIGHT CHOSEN PARTS adds up. Thats why my kit was around 2000
 

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
Joined
·
25,544 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
/\ yea and getting a hold of those RIGHT CHOSEN PARTS adds up. Thats why my kit was around 2000
you can still put together a kit thats reliable for cheaper than any prefab kit. the fuel management that comes with prefab kits is shady compared to any freeware fuel management available online
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ryan89crx said:
you can still put together a kit thats reliable for cheaper than any prefab kit. the fuel management that comes with prefab kits is shady compared to any freeware fuel management available online
BAH! anyways hey man check put my something lose post
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top