Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am doing an overhaul build to my d16z6. Which exhaust system or measurements will better help me gain max power, give a better throttle response, and offer a great sound? My car is a 93' Civic LX with the D16z6 motor and it is a 5 speed.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
N/a? Any 2.5" with vibrant muffler would be enough. As for the throttle run ls tb and port match the intake to it. If you really want faster response a lighter flywheel would help greatly

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic Ex
361 Posts
For better throttle response run a short ram intake instead of a cold air or stock unit. As for exhaust, depends on if you're going to run N/A forever or boost it. 2.25"-2.5" for N/A and 2.5"-3.0" for turbo. P.s. Why did you post in the DOHC ZC thread?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
^^ Open downpipe for turbo :lol:

·
Registered
15 WRX STi
76 Posts
I ran 2.5 on my Z6 in my 95 civic lx
I also ran
dc sports 4-2-1 2 piece headers.
Short ram intake
Highflow cat by magnaflow
And a magnaflow exhaust.
It sounded nice low and deep tone.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Wrong section.

·
Registered
95 civic ex
171 Posts
I've got a z6 and I have had the yonaka cat back for a couple years. It's 2.25", affordable, and sounds great IMO. I also run no name headers with heat wrap, a cold air intake, and 12 flywheel. Much improved from stock.. Wrong section btw should be in the noob section

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
So much fail in this thread, wrong section, not technical, this ain't spoonfeedthenoob.org

Op needs to do some research and ask better questions. Mulligan on the neg rep...this time. And for the record, the best exhaust is the kind that lets it flow but doesn't sound like somebody farting into a coffee can through a PA system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts