Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys.. Would appreciate if anyone has the engine specifications of the B15 SOHC motor that came in the 2001 Honda City- I think this car came only in the far east Asia and India. If anyone knows the cam details/compression/Pistons info it would really help.. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! No one? These engines are available pretty cheap with low milage. If only someone can figure out what internals they got :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nope, there was a B15 Vtec engine in the 3rd gen Honda City... but I know nothing about it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies Guys.. Dustin the 'new shape' ones are i-dsi (crap) totally different engine- I'm looking for 2001ish specs. Hey Green Would you know what pistons or cam go in? Mind you its very light car..

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to build this engine if it were the same block as all B's...The B's all have same bore's but with diffrent strokes, just like the D-series, or any Honda engine series in that case... so, i think this means that the engine have a lesser stroke from the factory... so let's assume all the assembly were the same ass all B's in the B15 block except the crank... that means that you have about 1.5 mm to add to the connecting rod length to achive a rod/stroke ratio of 1.76, not bad... so considering you wanted to push it so you fitted custom pistons with a compression height of 25 mm, then this gives you a chance to make a custom rod length of 139.5 which translates to an R/S ratio of 1.81!!! but will you setup the engine good to run with that R/S ratio or not? that's the question.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think the best way to find out is by eather you going to the junk yard where that engine is or by simply buying the block...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it would be a good idea to build this engine if it were the same block as all B's...The B's all have same bore's but with diffrent strokes, just like the D-series, or any Honda engine series in that case... so, i think this means that the engine have a lesser stroke from the factory... so let's assume all the assembly were the same ass all B's in the B15 block except the crank... that means that you have about 1.5 mm to add to the connecting rod length to achive a rod/stroke ratio of 1.76, not bad... so considering you wanted to push it so you fitted custom pistons with a compression height of 25 mm, then this gives you a chance to make a custom rod length of 139.5 which translates to an R/S ratio of 1.81!!! but will you setup the engine good to run with that R/S ratio or not? that's the question.

Dude this aint a B series motor!! Its a SOHC thats rumored to be close to the D series- only that it comes from the far east and has cheaper parts (maybe) in it

·
Registered
80 Posts
I searched all over google and couldn't find any info on something called Honda B15 engine... usually there are hidden Honda engines that we have never heard of... like the D15Y2 that is in my 2005 Civic :hammer:

·
Registered
512 Posts
There are a few references on Wikipedia, that's about it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rare lol we got it all over he place here... pesky rice boys running around with V-TAC City's.. its sounds horrible- thats for sure!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts