Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 si hatch
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I JUST FINISHED UP THE MINI ME ON MY CAR.. I HEAR THE FUEL PUMP KICK ON AND THEN NOTHING... IV CHARGED THE BATTERY, LOOKED OVER ALL THE WIRING AND NOTHING... WHAT CAN IT BE???? :willy_nilly:

·
Registered
89 si hatch
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got em... idk what it is.. i wish some1 was here to help.. its complicated.. everything seems to be in tact but its not even wanting to crank

·
Registered
89 si hatch
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol.. iv been relaxed.. just way confused.. but can any1 think of anything besides what we have already discussed??

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
got em... idk what it is.. i wish some1 was here to help.. its complicated.. everything seems to be in tact but its not even wanting to crank
If you have 12 volts at the starter postive battery cable and the solenoid black/white wire, then it has to be grounds or you need a new starter. Try hitting the starter a few times with a mallet.

·
Registered
89 si hatch
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok.. iv got a buddy comin by to help as well.. but iv replaced the starter, alternator, timing belt, all the necessaties for the turbo setup iv got on it.. heres a list

z6 head
crower st2 camshaft
vitara build
garret t25 kit
obd0 to obd1 conv harness
p28 ecu, chipped and tuned
2000rpm 2step,
4000rmp vtec
z6 basemap
no tp sp limiter
8000rpm rev limiter
and 10% fuel increase

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
ok.. iv got a buddy comin by to help as well.. but iv replaced the starter, alternator, timing belt, all the necessaties for the turbo setup iv got on it.. heres a list

z6 head
crower st2 camshaft
vitara build
garret t25 kit
obd0 to obd1 conv harness
p28 ecu, chipped and tuned
2000rpm 2step,
4000rmp vtec
z6 basemap
no tp sp limiter
8000rpm rev limiter
and 10% fuel increase
Sure the starter is good? Sometimes new ones can be faulty.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Is your starter hooked up correctly?

Is voltage getting through the ign. cyl to the starter solenoid?
There are only so many things that will cause this....

·
Registered
89 si hatch
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha.. funny crx... but yes i have.. i just got done takin all the wiring apart and re checked the starter and solenoid...

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
haha.. funny crx... but yes i have.. i just got done takin all the wiring apart and re checked the starter and solenoid...
Check the clutch switch. Do you have power at the starter or not? You just say that you checked, but never said if you did or not? Just trying to help you out, but if you don't have clear answers it's hard to.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,716 Posts
the only sound iv got still is the fuel pump kicking on and then a click... idk what else to do
read what I said above and stop crying. Say what you checked and what has 12volts. You said that you never touched the starter, but above you said you replaced the starter, alternator, etc..If you're not clear we can't help you out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
try to jump start it at the solenoid with a wire one side on the 12+ volt of the start and the other at the little connection on the starter leave the key on on position if it starts u got a bad ground somewhere it happend too me i didnt tighten my ground on the tranny side of the car. i bought a whole new starter and same thing happend haha i found it the hard way. check all your grounds that might be your problem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts