Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just need to know what I need to torque the headstuds down(ft/lbs) to on my y8 motor? I am going to be reusing the ARP studs that I have for my rebuild in feb... I already purchased some of the ARP moly lube from summit for these.... I just need to know the specs here.... please help thank you!!!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still have not found it on there... also I was wondering being they are gonna be reused if I need to change the torque at all?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I dont think you understood my question... I already have some on my car, I lost my instructions on how tight to torque them... not where to buy them man...
I have always done them @ 75 ft lbs with moly lube.
First round torque them to 50 or so.. Second round to 75 ft lbs.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always done them @ 75 ft lbs with moly lube.
First round torque them to 50 or so.. Second round to 75 ft lbs.
okay cool... anyone else confirm this? also prolly a noob question here but what do you mean by second round?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
dune first time u do 60 2 time u do 70 no more than that

·
Registered
159 Posts
i guess arp says 60 ft lbs max... He is also reusing them. And since the first round im sure they streched a lil bit. I dunno.

Well when it comes down to arp saying 60 ft lbs.. Thats on their torque wrench. And My Snap-on torque wrench is nice and gets calibrated every few years so it should be close. But i dont know of many people that are building an engine go out and buy a nice premium quality torque wrench. With that being said im sure everyones actually torqing them at a different rate.

:)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
also since it was unsaid and may not be clear the final torque is going to be to 60 ft-lbs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts