Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic DX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda looks like your Motor took a Sh!t....

Literally!

This is not a Running Motor is it?
it is... i pulled it like a week ago.. would rev to limiter no problem what so ever..

when i drained the oil it was clean.. im scared to pull the oil pan now... :(

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
looks like alot of sludge to me

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
sand?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
im not joking high milage engines that use penzoil get that nasty gritty sludge built up, my old smallblock when i was tearin it down, the lifter valley was caked like a mother, and i know the guy i bought it from and he preaches about only running penzoil

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic DX
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take the Oil Pan off and SHOW!

:popcorn:
its gonna have to wait till tomorrow for the oil pan... i have a spare Z6 head on the side so im gonna use that.. but when i pull the head i gotta see what kind of condition the block is in...

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
im not joking high milage engines that use penzoil get that nasty gritty sludge built up, my old smallblock when i was tearin it down, the lifter valley was caked like a mother, and i know the guy i bought it from and he preaches about only running penzoil
hmmmm.
I have used nothing but Pennzoil 20w-50 with Lucas and I don't have that :bigok:

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
looks like the carbon/sludge mix i just cleaned out of my pcv valve.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
they make oil additivess that clean up sludge in your engine go to napa

·
Screwy lewy in red
2005 Honda Accord LX
1,546 Posts
I opened my D16z6's valve cover to find this!!

More pictures here...http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=4155162&albumId=2363058

it doesnt feel like metal... more like cinders or fine little rocks...
Yes Ive seen it before. It's red dirt or the red clay that out there in Hawaii. I bought an 1986 Honda Accord (Oahu) it had the same thing in it. And the original owner told me that the car has been sitting for a awhile and it never had an oil change as he remembered. And I was wondering HOW? did it get in there?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
when i re siliconed my oil pan on my old nissan sentra ,it had gravel lookin stuff all in the bottom, it freaked me out but my tech teacher said its just bits of carbon i thought i had rocks in my pan lol rep for who can tell me what engine i had in my sentra (no an sr20) :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts