Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally figured out where my oil was leaking from on my car. I must have tore the front main seal when I put it on.

I took all the stuff off and put a new seal on, I started it now, and it sounds crazy! at least it doesn't leak oil :)

Can anyone give me a noob run down on how to make sure I put the timing belt on correctly? (in the right position)

Im getting so tired of this thing Im ready to send it to pick n pull!! :lol:

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Newb rundown:
1. Put down any and all alcoholic beverages.
2. Buy/download a Helms manual.
3. Read said manual.
4. Gather tools and materials needed to complete the procedures in the manual.
5. Follow said procedures.
6. Clean up.
7. Pick up your alcoholic beverage of choice, kick back, smack the wife, beat the kids, kick the dogs, pet the kitty, and smile at a job well done.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newb rundown:
3. Read said manual.
6. Clean up.
7. Pick up your alcoholic beverage of choice, kick back, smack the wife, beat the kids, kick the dogs, pet the kitty, and smile at a job well done.
Problem really is Im at diagnosing stage. Thanks for the input though.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
what kinda sounds ya getting? but the proper way to put the belt on is crank cam gear w/p tenisoner....turn over motor manually 6 times check timing if off re-do..
if good turn crank 4 teeth and tighten tensioner to 60ftpds iirc

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
So I finally figured out where my oil was leaking from on my car. I must have tore the front main seal when I put it on.

I took all the stuff off and put a new seal on, I started it now, and it sounds crazy! at least it doesn't leak oil :)

Can anyone give me a noob run down on how to make sure I put the timing belt on correctly? (in the right position)

Im getting so tired of this thing Im ready to send it to pick n pull!! :lol:
there's no "front main seal" on a honda

are you talking about the valve cover gasket?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kinda sounds ya getting? but the proper way to put the belt on is crank cam gear w/p tenisoner....turn over motor manually 6 times check timing if off re-do..
if good turn crank 4 teeth and tighten tensioner to 60ftpds iirc
Not sure how to describe the sounds

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
Argg, The crank gear's lil grove should be alligned with the arrow.
The mark on the left side when looking at the cam gear should allign with the mark on the head, actually I believe its on the plastic cover that goes between the head and gear

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ah, I think maybe I should bring it to a shop...I know it will cost alot, but maybe they will figure it out...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Naw man, you can do this.

Is #1 at top dead center? You can confirm this using a long screwdriver with some tape over the end. Move the engine until the screwdriver is just about to start droping and the rotor on the dizzy is pointed to the #1 spark plug wire terminal.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
there's no "front main seal" on a honda

are you talking about the valve cover gasket?
? there isnt? then what is the oilpump seal called?

you can be up to 4 teeth off before you hit valves... and only 2 teeth off on the crankshaft.. be carefull

·
Registered
2005 Civic Si
2,779 Posts
Newb rundown:
3. Read said manual.
6. Clean up.
:bigok:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts