Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, posting this for my cousin.

his car is a 1998 honda civic dx , d16y7 engine all stock except intake & header..

Car ran fine until the thermostat went out, put a new one in, ran great then all of a sudden the speedometer quit working and when he drives it with the lights on, the whole cluster lights and light dash lighting like blinks real slow like it pulses, and dimms?

Does anyone know what it could be to cause it to dimm and pulse and why the speedometer just quit working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked it twice..
when the car is idling its fine but when you start moving the headlights,taillights, all instrument panel lighting,etc like pulses/blinks slowly???????

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the same car a 98 civic y7 and it does the same thing i want to also know why the lights do that, i have a brand new battery and alternator. Check the fuse for the alternator under the dash my guage cluster did the same thing before the alternator went out and it was blown.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
check your alternator/speed sensor fuse under the dash.

also what did you do with the secondary O2 sensor after the header swap? my wire got stripped and shorted causing ELD(which you are experiencing)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts