Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone im new here and i was looking for some help advice its all welcomed. So i have a sol 96 been piecing a recylcled turbo so i got every thing mostly but the oil lines which i will be getting. My question to you guys are can i just bolt the turbo on with no tune running the obd2a? I was goin to go p28 obd1 but if i just wanna get it running wat will happen turbo has a 8lb wastegate planning on running that much boost for now

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,292 Posts
psi means dick. go ahead and run it untuned. we shall hold our breathes for the results.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha yeah prob will but i just wanted to see if anyone has tried it. Also where would i be able to tap in for my water lines? Im runnung a garret t25

·
5,292 Posts
s

e

a

r

c

h

·
5,292 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
I only have 56 posts so that must mean I don't know shit, but I have been lurking this forum for a long time and have learned some things along the way. There is still so much to learn (it's never ending) but here goes.

Do NOT run a turbo untuned. Do some searching (A LOT) and read the stickies. I have been trying to figure out my D16 build for like 3 years now and have hardly started buying parts, mostly cause I'm broke though. Here is something that will help you along.

Read this before if your thinking of going turbo

TECHNICALLY you could turbo your OBD2 ECU with an FMU, but it is complete and utter shit by comparison and you're much more likely to blow something up. If you really want to go turbo get the proper engine management... OBD1 + Crome, Ectune, AEM, Hondata, Neptune (I'm going for Neptune), etc.

Yes, PSI means complete jack. There are a million other factors to consider, condition of engine, octane rating, IAT, HP, TQ, cylinder pressure, cam profile, the list goes on and on. You plan on keeping a stock block? Is this a daily driver? Power goals?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read n research plenty.heres what im goin to run. D16y7 y8 mani go to obd1. P28 tuned on chrome by myself. Cuz i just wabt to teach myself. My engine has 290k i know its prob goin to go boom but hey i can go to pick n pull n get another y7 for 100 so thats not the problem i just wanted to see if anyone had ran a obd2 turbo on no tune n see what is it that happen did the engine lean out under full boost. Where u able to actually drive the car not test but actually drive it.
N yes im goin to do the iacv trick on the ecu.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info guys n yes i kniw the p28 is a vtec ecu so i might go po6 not sure yet i got the p28 free its AT so ima have to convert to stickshift i dont know much but i have an idea of what im doin so once its in ill let u know. How it runs n im hoping to make around 180-190 daily

·
Registered
Honda Del Sol Si
89 Posts
Since you said you're going for 8psi and 190hp, I'm guessing it's a T25 turbo? A 190hp daily shouldn't be hard to achieve on a stock block and should be fairly reliable if tuned properly and maintained.

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,099 Posts
i hope you can tune better than you can type...

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didnt know this was a formal document brother but ill try to improve my typing skills for you everyone else seems to have read it just fine but hey like i said thanks for the hate i mean the help lmao

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah its a garrett turbo t25 out of a saab n yes ive been reading n it seems like 180hp is attainable with that baby turbo on stock internals

·
5,292 Posts
Yeah its a garrett turbo t25 out of a saab n yes ive been reading n it seems like 180hp is attainable with that baby turbo on stock internals
:uh:

with a good tune. but lets just keep skipping over that part. your mind is made up. throw it together, boost that shit to the moon and don't let the door hit you on the way out.:fingersx:

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it will be tuned ill post pics up for yall to see i thought id get more input on this but thanks i guess all honda forums are about whos the bigger dick

·
5,292 Posts

bee tee dubs, Im the resident asshole.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts