Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
replaced iacv in hope of fixing up and down reving during idle. reset ecu a few times. i heard to test voltage with eld disconected dont know how. considering replacing fuse box since the new iacv didnt help. what would you do? i will reply to post quickly

·
Registered
66 Posts
replaced iacv in hope of fixing up and down reving during idle. reset ecu a few times. i heard to test voltage with eld disconected dont know how. considering replacing fuse box since the new iacv didnt help. what would you do? i will reply to post quickly
Ok i used to have a dohc zc had almost identical problem, i replaced almost every sensor on the intake an engine couldn't figure it out...but how stupid was I must have overlooked the problem a million times. Everywhere I read people kept saying check the voltage at the TPS to make sure it was the right voltage of course that was the problem.....So if you did replace the TPS or mess with it's angle then here is how you can test it, very simple an easy...

1. Use a voltmeter doesn't matter if it's digital or analog.
2. Loosen the bolts on the TPS (assuming you don't have the stock tps which is riveted in) not all the way but just so the sensor can move freely up an down
3.Turn the car's key to ignition
4.On the TPS there is three wires going to it the middle one is the one you want to test, so insert a t-pin into the wire while it is still attached to the TPS and you should be able to measure the voltage from the wire.
5. The reading should be between .45 and .50 volts at idle if this is not the case rotate the TPS up or down to adjust the voltage until it is within the specified limits.
6. Then you should tighten the bolts back and measure again to verify the voltage is still within the limits at idle and also test at wide open throttle the reading should be ~4.45V or higher.
7. If everything is fine then your TPS is now set an should be properly functioning.
8. Make sure that you adjust the idle screw if you messed with it prior to this thinking that was your problem, so you will idle properly.

Hopefully this will help solve your problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts