Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys!

im a spanish honda addict but in spain the honda world its too poor in upgrade parts and info for build a great engine.

i have a EK hatch with D15Z6 vtec-e engine with this mods: apexi vafc, cai, 4-2-1 header, N1 muffler, and 10.3 sparkplug wires.

i know that this engine its rare on USA but i hope that you give me the good info for upgrade my D engine to be faster.

what parts and brands i need to change for increase the power? what is the best, oem parts configuration or an aftermarket?

thanks 4 all!!

EDIT: i dont want to put nitrous on my engine :p

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
if your worried about it blowing on spray if you use a wet kit and run a step colder plug you'll be fine

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
if your worried about it blowing on spray if you use a wet kit and run a step colder plug you'll be fine
Yep. I've seen crazy amounts of nitrous ran on stock motors as long as the setup is right. You can get by with a basic small shot and be fine.

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
oks, this is good mod ;)
As long as you don't do it fast and the furious style and try to run a 500hp shot you'll be ok. I'd say no more than a 75hp shot, but nep-tuning could probably tell you better than I could.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
i'd do no more than a 100wet shot 3degree retard cam, colder plugs, for you i'd rn no more than a 75

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'd do no more than a 100wet shot 3degree retard cam, colder plugs, for you i'd rn no more than a 75
the nitrous is a good option but i dont want only put a nitro, i want info of setups with diferent blocks/heads/pistons/rods/cams and another mods for increase the 115 stock hp's of my d15z6.

like i said, in Spain the people only do a swap D to B series and the info for increase the hp's of D engines are really poor.

my english its also really poor :p

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
the nitrous is a good option but i dont want only put a nitro, i want info of setups with diferent blocks/heads/pistons/rods/cams and another mods for increase the 115 stock hp's of my d15z6.

like i said, in Spain the people only do a swap D to B series and the info for increase the hp's of D engines are really poor.

my english its also really poor :p
No te preocupes de tu english. Well what engine would yours be equivalent to here in the USA?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No te preocupes de tu english. Well what engine would yours be equivalent to here in the USA?
gracias CxHatch ;)

my engine its a D15z6, 1.5 16v 115hp VTEC-E of an 96-00 EK.
in USA i think that my car is the EX.

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
Dejame ver...?????... Why not upgrade your intake manifold, a stage 2 or 3 cam con el valvetraint adecuado. Maybe some high compression pistons.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dejame ver...?????... Why not upgrade your intake manifold, a stage 2 or 3 cam con el valvetraint adecuado. Maybe some high compression pistons.
i shown that some people in thsi forum puts the d16y8 intake manifold in his engines but i dont know the reasons about this.
this its do it only in non-vtec engines? or the d16y8 IM its best than another D intake manifolds?

i think in install a engine kit but i dont know what setup and brands are the best for obtain the most number of hp's.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if u want some n/a power swap to a 1.6l

his motor is more similar to the jdm d15b with 3 stage vtak...
i dont want only to do a swap and anymore, i want to build a great D engine with a powerfull compression and with the most number of hp's.

but for this i need a great engine setup and i dont know anything about this perfect setup :S

1 - 20 of 45 Posts