Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Thinking about making an investment in a Helms manual for my car, went to their site, added all 3 books (general, electrical troublshooting, and body) to the cart, it added a disclaimer to the part description:

"This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format, if so, a binder will be included. Any wiring diagrams in the original shop/service manual are NOT reproduceable and are no longer available."

What the....so, no wiring diagrams? Is this accurate or am I somehow reading this wrong? Anybody know where to score the original (complete) books? Sure would like to have these, trying to replace my door handles and I can't really see in there so good, would like pictures/drawings of what I'm doing, would make this a shitload easier, besides the fact I plan to keep this car long term, these books will be a sound investment

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, didn't even think about ebay...and now I have coming from Canada for $82.99 shipped. Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, I saw a lot of discs, this was definitely a used book, first edition. Dann, didn't even think about Amazon and I order stuff from them from time to time lol. Thinking owns me sometimes....fortunately, as I just checked, not only do they not have it cheaper, they don't have it at all

Seems like I never find what I'm looking for online, always dead links or whatever, I want a proper book for this. A Helm manual for your car is kind of like a ring for your girl, making the commitment, taking things to the next level lol

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Digital is the way to go, no gears stains lol plus FFFRRREEEEEEEE!

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
I got mine straight from Helms in 1 book. I had to click the right buttons to get to the print manual... Maybe I can find it for you. I love my Helms. Mine said the same thing (that it might be in loose leaf without the wiring diagrams... but mine came as 1 book with everything including wiring diagrams)

Just click shop/service information. It'll say paper copy $46. Mine has EVERYTHING in it. (1994 Civic all models)

Here's how I filled out the form.

Here is My Table of Contents

Heres how thick it is 1332 pages

I really like my paper copy personally.... although I keep getting it all greasy like he said

Sounds you already ordered one from Canada though for $86... well, maybe this'll help someone

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
For anyone who finds this in the future, if you want an all inclusive book, buy a manual for a 96-97 del sol. That way you get specs on both a d-series and a b-series.

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some love in the mail today! Book is in fair shape, it's all there as best I can tell, not so cherry that I want to put it in a comic book sleeve and wash hands before I touch it but in good enough shape to be serviceable for a very long time. I'm stoked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts