Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is by far one of the best shop manuals out there that you can get. Most if not all your newbie tech answers can be found in this here book. So take your time Mr. DIY, get the book and read a little bit. You'll find things you've never known that your car even had.

Some things covered are: engine, torque specs, lubrication, cooling, heating, anything and everything you can think of besides painting!!! So get this damn book to make your life easier and quit asking those newbie questions that's already been answered a dozen times before.

·
Banned
752 Posts
I am looking on the Helms website to order this book, but I want to make sure I get the right volume. Is everyone using the "service manual"? There is also a "service manual supplement" which has the same description. Which do I need to get? I'm looking for mostly drivetrain help.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
civic4ges said:
Except for when the binding comes loose, and you no longer have pages anymore
or when your bitch-ass dog chews a couple pages out of it - hope I don't need that info!!

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
i really like both the helms and the haynes manuals. both have extensive information, and are well-written. either of these are a must for anybody whose a DIY, or even just wants to know a little more about their car.

·
not a wanksta
1,202 Posts
helms also has an "electrial service manual" for civics that is super sweet to have for those of you who (and me) who suck at wiring. it was $30 if i rememer right and it is year specific! worth it!

·
0 Posts
i have both the Halms and the Honda manual. and i personally like the honda manual over the helms... just my oppinion tho..

E

·
0 Posts
Is the helms that much better then the Haynes? The Haynes I have isnt that bad, should I buy the Helm?

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
Let's put it this way. The guys at Haynes more than likely used Helms as thier primary reference.

Helms is the Honda Factory Service Manual that is used at the dealership.

E

·
0 Posts
sts2soon said:
Let's put it this way. The guys at Haynes more than likely used Helms as thier primary reference.

Helms is the Honda Factory Service Manual that is used at the dealership.
So its THAT in depth, hrmmm I might have to pick up one of em. Quite pricey tho :neutral:

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
All I can say is dont buy one yet...unless you cannot wait till the end of February. I'm working on an online version of the manual that will be unlike any other available.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts