Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there everyone. I have been interested in this place for awhile.

I am mostly active on the delsol subreddit, and I have a 1997 Honda Del Sol S in Milano Red. It has a nice D16Y7 engine in it.

At first I was convinced, CONVINCED I needed to engine swap it. But after awhile I found many hints of Ds producing far in excess of the power I was looking for (~160 to 200), and changed my plans.

So far I have done a basic tune up, replaced my radiator and distributor, and replaced my cars rear suspension with disk brakes, and many other misc things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, speaking of my D16, I was looking at the Skunk2 Alpha Series Header, Throttle Body and Pro-Series Intake Manifold. My research shows that these should basically bolt right up to my current head without any major modifications.

The only problem I seem to have (aside from finding a few hoses, getting some good gaskets, and replacing my cat) is I cannot seem to find a good 70mm cold air intake that works with the system.

Can anyone suggest a specific or generic one that works well. The AEM one I found seems to be for the normal size (66mm) intake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts