Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
hope you have springs and retainers in that.a bigger cam is going to help you at high rpms,and usually hurt at lower rpms(idle).be more specific about your setup for better responses.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont have the spinr either the reteiners only p29 stage 3 cam fue regulator at 38 a pr3 for ecu and a free flow exhaust ohh and header

·
Registered
147 Posts
got a pr3 ecu
A pr3 as in the 88-91 b16a ecu? I tried one in my ef hatch and it ran like garbage. Why not just run the pm6 non vtec ecu? or just do a convert to 0bd1 and buy p06 for $50, obd0-0bd1 jumper harness for $50, and spend another $50 on a used obd1 distributor. You should be able to get at least 80-100 for the pr3. If you can do a mpfi swap you can do an obd1 swap the wiring's pretty basic with a harness look around here for a writeup or some info. After that spend a little and get the thing a good tune..also what kind of headwork do you have? Anyone with a die grinder can port a head but it takes some know how to get it to flow right...stage 3 camshaft?? I had a buddy who used nippon "stage 2" camshafts in his car and they actually ended up being worse than stock..Do you have it timed correctly? Just a few things to think about..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A pr3 as in the 88-91 b16a ecu? I tried one in my ef hatch and it ran like garbage. Why not just run the pm6 non vtec ecu? or just do a convert to 0bd1 and buy p06 for $50, obd0-0bd1 jumper harness for $50, and spend another $50 on a used obd1 distributor. You should be able to get at least 80-100 for the pr3. If you can do a mpfi swap you can do an obd1 swap the wiring's pretty basic with a harness look around here for a writeup or some info. After that spend a little and get the thing a good tune..also what kind of headwork do you have? Anyone with a die grinder can port a head but it takes some know how to get it to flow right...stage 3 camshaft?? I had a buddy who used nippon "stage 2" camshafts in his car and they actually ended up being worse than stock..Do you have it timed correctly? Just a few things to think about..
thanks for the info, and yes that i felt that it ran better with the zc cam, im going to take it for a tune,so lets see, thanks again,btw whats the benefit in saping in to obd1?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
good choice there buddy

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
keep the p29 pistons, if u put them in a z6 u'll get right at 12:1 comp, but some people say thats a little too on the edge....

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
OH SNAP VTECH SON!!!! I hear the new 5.8GHZ model is tha shizzle!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts