Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I’ve been “In the Honda scene” for a little while now, but I’ve never gone very far with my “builds”. Mostly due to inadequate funds, as well as having a poor vehicle to start the build with.

My first Civic was a ‘00 EX y8 that looked pretty nice, but was very mistreated in years prior. I rebuilt the head, ported and polished it, thinking the burnt valve was the only issue... but the bottom end was knocking. Long story short it was eBay built by a high school kid and probably red lined daily for the ladies lol..

Next I had a bone stock 97’ EX. Ended up trading it off for a truck. It was alright, but had rust that was more than I wanted to deal with. And substantial hail damage..

Currently, I have a two owner grandma driven 99’ EX. No rust. Well maintained with such a quiet engine all ya hear are the injectors. No valve noise notable, which surprises me because she’s got 227k. But, it’s the nicest one I’ve owned.

Initially I was concerned about leaks because the hood was covered in dirt and such, as well as the whole engine bay. On the way home with it I stopped at a car wash and sprayed down the engine, no changes in idle whatsoever. That made me feel a lot better lol.

Got it home and that evening I detailed the engine bay the best I could, as well as swapped out the shifter and bushings/ stabilizer because she was so sloppy you could mistake 1st for 5th lmao. Couple days after I installed some wheels from I don’t even know what, that my buddy gave me, and I love em.

The goal for this car is to keep it clean and reliable, but also fun. First priorities are window tint, coil overs, and a tune up. Next, brakes. Probably not too far away a clutch lol.

I’m in no way shape or form an expert mechanic. I honestly know more about small block chevys than I do about anything fuel injected. But I take advice and listen well. If I can learn how to do it, and get the tools to do it, I’m going to do it before taking my vehicle to a shop...

I hope to contribute to these forums, as well as learn a lot more. I’m a forum junky, and have been top contributor in others when I was younger. Thank you for the opportunity to learn, and hopefully meet some new people.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Civic EX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, lol. It looks a million times better than before. She was a country driven car. Mud everywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts