Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Crx si
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, Here's a little bit about my 88-91 journey.
My first was a 88 std hatch, ugly tan on tan 4 speed. I loved it, but we were hit so the car was totaled.
Then I had a 89 white 4 door ex. I had a nice drop on it, intake... the typical stuff. Things were a bit wacky back then in my life so I decided to sell it.
Purchased a 1989 CRX Si after that which is what I daily now.

I had the stock d16a6 pulled out, rebuilt with forged internals. Had her going good for about 6 months when one weekend I decided to take the car to get a quick oil change instead of doing it myself LIKE ALWAYS. The oil filter was not installed properly so a couple days later on the freeway I spun a bearing due to lack of oil, I had the car towed to my buddies shop where we inspected the engine bay and undercarriage... filter would spin with just a touch, oil all on the under side of the car... I WAS PISSED. I called the lube place and got the run around, stating that "Since I had the car towed to a shop already before THEIR tech could look at the engine they weren't liable anymore."
So... there went 2gs' down the drain.

My friend loaned me a d15b2, we had it swapped and fired up by the next afternoon, and I was back on the road.

I picked up a b18 non vtec and was going to rebuild that one N/A, but decided to go ahead with a DOHC ZC non vtec for my next build. I'm currently ordering parts for the ZC conversion. I plan on eventually tracking (not drag) this CRX as I'll be purchasing my brother's 91 si for street/daily.

I have some retro/race decals on my car, some "purists" hate it, call it "rice". I love it. lol especially all the thumbs up I get on the street. The best is when kids are walking by and say "whoaaaa look a racecar" LOL gets me every time.
It's just a Nostalgic throwback to the MOBILE Honda Crx Challenge days.

I look forward to soaking up all the Knowledge on this forum! I've been a lurker for quite a while. I found the COMPLETE ZC swap guide on this forum, which has helped a ton so far!

Thanks again, Hope to hear back from you guys.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Welcome.

4th gens are the shit. Especially sedans(btw, EX models are 90 and 91 model years only).

I enjoyed my ZC in my sedan, it was pretty much plug n play. The ZC transmission is what really woke my car up.

·
Registered
1989 Crx si
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the correction Rico, It was a while back... lol
The ZC we're rebuilding is a Blacktop. Gonna beef up the motor for possible turbo later. Just going to see how much power we can get out of her first.

4TH GEN IS LIFE!!! ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts