Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. My name is Tom.

I've been a lurker for a few months now and finally decided to join the group. I have not been in the Honda scene for quite some while and my son recently received a 98 hatchback from his uncle that was just sitting in the driveway. The EK was is pretty much stock with the added wheels and lowered springs.

I was reading the threads on some of the rebuilds and was thinking of finding a blow D16y8 engine and rebuild it with my son. By the way, he just turned 16 so this is his first car.

The last time I touch one the engines was well over 15 years ago. I am looking rebuild a D16y8 engine from the ground and let my son learn from it. He is getting very excited with the build so hopefully, I can find a engine for a decent price and start building!

FWIW, this is an awesome forum and so far I, personally, have learned a lot from all of you and brought back great memories when I went through my phases of civics and integras. Thanks everyone for their contributions. I will try to do the same.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,992 Posts
welcome ,,

when you do look for an engine to build ,just make sure the crank shaft is in good shape and not undersized.
don't invest in any spun bearing blocks ..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Super cool, that sounds like a great project idea. There's a lot of really neat tricks to learn when building an engine, sounds like you'll have fun re-visiting that skill-set and hopefully he'll enjoy learning a new one!

Reactions: ssgp220

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Super cool, that sounds like a great project idea. There's a lot of really neat tricks to learn when building an engine, sounds like you'll have fun re-visiting that skill-set and hopefully he'll enjoy learning a new one!
Yes, it will be a learning experience for both my son and I. I am looking forward living vicariously through my son!:whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts