Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I used to have a 95 integra ( b16a2 ) after a few issues i had to part with her , she was pretty loaded from suspension to engine mods but also gutted . Pretty much a track beater car but still taken care of.
I have just bought a 94 EJ2 DX , for lets just say under a grand. The only problem with the car ( that i know of ) is that it needs a Front Seal ( owner said it was a crank seal but not sure ) so the car doesnt run at the moment but body and interior is pretty solid and it is bonestock except for some knockoff Rota's which look reasonably nice. I will try my very best to make do with this engine ( see if i could get it to run ) to make it a nice commuter to school until a b-swap/or maybe rebuild and turbo? :D and just take car of little things it needs as I go. So enough talk i hope that d-series forum is just as nice as other honda forums and hope you guys can help me along the way to restore this car to its glorious days. :clap: Thanks and wish you all the best.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Slight damage above tire on the fender and on the right side of the tire under the side molding and thats pretty much the only flaw other than the clear fading on the roof.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Now for my old love :(

Ugly but stock GSR wing painted a different color, removed it after i got her.

Originally was a GSR ( body and engine ) but the owner said he cracked the block and slapped in a B16a from a 99 si.

This car still had the GSR transmission but ran 14.97 at 3000 feet with full bolt ons and tune. 173 whp .

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Does the civic have a motor? Looks like its high in front in the first pic.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hahaha, the car is on jack stands. The integra was sold way back about a year ago. The civic has the stock dx motor d15b7 but has a crank seal issue. I was trying to see if i could remove the driver side motor mount and lower the engine enough to get to the seal. Not sure if itll work out :( U guys have any suggestions has anyone ever done this and have some good tips for me? Im not very experienced with this kind of stuff
stuff. To be honest im only confident on simple stuff. bolt ons, suspension, brakes.. Ive never done a swap or fix anything complicated.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Loosen, pull the bolt from the rear mount as well. Should lower enough, might have to loosen up some steering bits.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks guys , ill attempt possible fix today and see how it goes. Oh and the bottom timing cover was off so was the AC belt. I really hope it's just that and the whole motor isn't completely junk. Oh well i guess that makes it the time for my first swap :D

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
So , turns out it's not the seal after all , i started up the motor and it barely runs and smokes ... Friend predicted rod(s) were bent. So what do you guys think , i allready have another daily driver for school . Me and a friend from school are thinking about pulling the motor out and we have a few options. Completely a different engine... ( has to be d series ) i really want to go turbo. Or should we rebuild the block and swap in a vtec head ? We'r going to do a mild rebuild for sure on whatever we get. ( my next class in school is engine rebuilding so instructors are going to help me out plus my friend has done a few swaps and rebuilds on b series. ) So i got a about a grand to start off ( why b series is outta the question. ) And around 300-400 a month to burn on my project. My goal is about 250 - 300 whp reliably . I want to track the car ( mostly autocross/track days maybe drags once in a while for funsies ). So practically
1/ keep whole setup and rebuild
2/ keep block different head
3/ complete swap

I heard the stock tranny has very long gears so that probably gotta go as well.
Thanks guys/.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Before we toss this motor to the curb, are there any indications that it isn't the motor? IE CEL on? Distributor way out of the normal range? Plugs ok? Never know could be a simple fix.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Before we toss this motor to the curb, are there any indications that it isn't the motor? IE CEL on? Distributor way out of the normal range? Plugs ok? Never know could be a simple fix.
When we were trying to get to the crank seal we saw that the timing was off . We put it back right.We saw that one of the spark plugs were busted i replaced it and it busted it again. So we assumed either a rod was bent , or it spun a bearing or something... Engine smoking and the miserable rod/piston slap noise is actually what gave it up in the first place. Either way i allready said i dont have to toss the engine to the junker since i want 250-300 horses i practically have to build any motor i get so it might as well be this one? Btw the owner said that he got the head rebuilt not too long ago.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
If you want to play around in the turbo world then set yourself down a research a whole bunch. That is the easy part. Now figure out what you are willing to spend... then double it and make sure you can handle that! The first turbo motor is always going to be the most difficult.

·
Registered
2011 Ram Hemi rcsb
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nevermind , going b16 swap . Found whole swap at a very good price but it's obd0 .
Lol , change of plans once more ! Friend has a honed and built ZC Dohc longblock that he's gonna give me for $150!! Just needs rods and pistons but i wanted to build mine anyways so its gonna give me a great headstart . Either way ill start my build thread once i get everything going! Cya around!

·
Registered
114 Posts
keep us updated! if you wanna boost do your research and dont cheap out on important things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts