Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time mechanic, new time Honda dude.

89 crx hf stock. First Honda I've ever owned. Working on restoring and making it lively once again.
New to the forum but excited. Hope to get to know some of y'all in the future as I progress into this project.

Cheers馃

Registered
Welcome! Great site with tons of info but not a lot of activity these days. people are still here that have lots of knowledge. Post some pics of that project when you have time!

Reactions: J3crxhf

Registered
PERFECT car to learn the honda side of things. Valve lash adjustment, distributor timing, easy engine to do maintenance on, even easier to remove and play around with things.

Runs like a top and purrs like a kitten when everything is healthy and adjusted correctly!

Plus you can have fun seeing how far you can go on a single tank of fuel.

Reactions: J3crxhf

Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
Wonder if it still has the hf (3.93 or something) geared trans though, could be fun馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good morning. Thanks for all the hellos, before I jump into the fire about engine swaps...
So ive had the car for about a month. And while trouble shooting my oil pressure light figured it was either a bad pressure sensor or the oil pump. The previous owner was running 5w20 which was to thin.

On my way to work the other day experienced lots of pressure and stalled... well got it to work took the pan off and girdle to find out that my inlet had got clogged at some point which caused me to spin a few bearings.... luckily nothing else(without taking the block apart) seemed hurt.
After talking to a few co workers they said based on time, energy, and budget it would make more sense to stop another engine in rather then rebuild the stock one( which I'll probably still do) but for the time being and eas of having a working vehicle on the road that's how the dohc zc decision came about...

Im new to the Honda game and honestly as much as you can treat these engines like legos this seemed to be a decent starting point without getting in way over my head..

Anyways any input is welcome. Tell me im dumb and I should've just gone with a K series swap lol but 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 have a Good one gents.

Registered
There鈥檚 something to be said about staying d-series. A turbo D is perfectly fine if you鈥檙e keeping it as a street car.

Premium Member
Swapping a DOHC ZC into a CR-X is much easier than swapping a K series. But if you鈥檝e got the time and money, do what makes you happy.

Registered
I think at this point, it would be easier to find a 90-91 d15b2 engine or 92-95 d15b7 engine and re-use your manifolds, electronics, and transmission
The d15b2 and d15b7 are identic underneath the electronics and manifolds, plus they are literally everywhere in any junkyard that has civics.

That should get you up and running quite easily, and you can do whatever engine project on the side, building it the way you relaly want, and giving you time to really focus on having a super easy swap in the future to drop in with no time crunch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.