Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
95 Civic sedan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ItIt is a lot of work lol . I tore the whole radiator / core support off because it had minor front end damage a very minor accident . and I was going to rebuild the b7 but after tearing it down I saw that rod I was so disappointed so that put things on hold for a bit so while waiting to get a new swap I decided to convert it manual that was pretty easy so as I'm waiting for all the parts to come in I decided to just run thru everything. I've always DREAMED of building the cleanest little Honda and I finally got serious about it and am doing it :) on a way mart salary lol but its nearly there I finally have all the motivation and time so I'm taking advantage I just thought might as well do it right and perfect since I was going for a rebuilt engine anyways and I wasn't going to pay 1,000 to 1,500 for a new rebuilt sohc when I can do it my self for less then 600 bucks didn't make sense to me . so here I am with this y7 and man I am so close I can't wait to start it up

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
If you are staying with an OEM header be careful, they crack. Between 2 and 3 usually.

Nice job getting your nails dirty, do work.

·
Registered
94 Civic Cx
393 Posts
Welcome good work so far and i like pulling the coee support so much room and just drop the motor on the ground and roll the car backwards lol

·
Registered
95 Civic sedan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the welcomes. Yeah this build is def something I've wanted to do for a really long time. Not just a build but "proper" and "clean" .. engine bay is definitely my favorite part of the car I'm very anal about it I want it perfect lol

·
Registered
95 Civic sedan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just waiting on my head gasket and zerg thermal im gasket, I'm getting the hone done today hopefully if my friends hits me up. I also picked up some ARP rod bolts for 30 bucks in package! I'm getting so eager Lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts