Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up I wanted to know if anybody has use this kit off of ebay,
I need to tap to my block (timing belt tensor is fucked up in the block) I live in Victorville california and they only have Napa And some place called nutty bolts.. They both sell the M12 helicoil for 80 bucks but doesnt come with the drill bit.. i also look for the spec to the (time belt tenisor bolt) coultdnt find it .. i believe its a M12 1.25 thread.. let me know what you guys think about the kit

131 PC Stripped Thread Rethread Helicoil Repair Kit Metric M5 M6 M8 M10 M12 | eBay

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Kit looks like it would work. I ended up using a generic ish heli coil kit for the trans mount on my old engine. It held up fine. That's a good price for that kit.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Kinda hard to mess a helicoil kit up, so i say buy it.
I dont know the size of the bolt. There was a bolt list floati g aroubd the net that told the threads of all the motor bolts.

And id buy the kit, its a good price. Id probably use lock tight on the block

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only thing is that i dont want to buy it cause the thread pitch on the m12 is 1.75, so idk if it would work..

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
About 10 years ago I bought an engine for super cheap, a D16z6... had some stripped out M8x1.25 holes.

I bought the "ebay helicoil kit" and it worked great.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
It might work, who knows. It also might be some super cheap ching chong Chinese shit.

For precise stuff like that, I'd prefer to spend more, get the real deal, and know that the hole I repaired isn't going to strip out again.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts

why hasn't anybody mentioned something dummy proof?

·
Registered
ej8
104 Posts
Why you want to buy the whole kit. Probably it will be terrible in quality. Its your engine, and later you can have valve bent and serious problems if the tensioner becomes loose.

You can buy specific set for your case. It will be more cheaper and better in quality. You just have to figure out your bolt size and find right set

·
Registered
ej8
104 Posts
Today I did reinstalling the timing belt and specially check the tensioner bolt for you.

The stock tensioner bolt was M10x1.25 D16y8 civic 1999ex - just for case

not M12 like you sad before!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts