Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a build for my z6, upgrading from my hf/14b kit. I'm using a .60/.63 thunderbird turbo (super 60?) and will be getting a set of brand new vitaras from FJT once he has them back in stock. I'm kinda concerned about the compression with a larger turbo, but I've heard of people modifying 3 layer y8 head gaskets by removing a layer yeilding roughly 9:0:1 or something like that. Can anyone elaborate more on this, which layer would be removed and how I would go about doing with without comprimising the sealing of the headgasket???

THANKS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
never heard of it. mill the head instead of cutting the headgasket. i wouldnt trust a cut headgasket to a mill'ed head.

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
ya i would take some off the head, but the compression is fine, drunkenmaster is running a similar turbo.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Removing that middle layer will be soooo easy, and will cause no problems... It's just there to add thickness. BTW, I've as well looked into using the MT turbo bird .60s . I figured it'd be a cheaper alternative to others out there. You're close to the compression, but with the Vitara's in a complete Z6 with yield around 9.X . But then with a 2-layer Y8 gasket you'll be around 9.2 I'd imagine. If you'e got a good tuner, I'll run that setup in a heart beat!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts