Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got bored tonight and decided to snatch out my dash and remove the heater core, fan, air ducts, etc.. N/E how, I got to the center section of the dash and can't seem to get it to come lose. Upon further inspection, I realise that part of the reason it won't come out is the coolant lines that come through the firewall to the heater :hammer: . With that said, I wanted to check 2 things.

1) Can I simply loop the coolant lines that go to the heater from one outlet on the engine to the other w/out any adverse effects?

2) Is there anything else that needs to be removed from the middle section that I'm not thinking of before I rip it out and fuck something up?

Here is the part I am talking about (excuse my Picaso like paint skills :wink: )

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
2,138 Posts
i think you can just loop the lines. thats what most folks do when they blow a heater core. i don't really see any difference.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
lines of heater can be looped.
there are just 2 lines coming out from the negine one has a valve with a iron wire (goes to the heater panel) and the other one is return.

U can just loop it on the block and get rid of it.

I may do the same thing but the heater saved my ass few times from a engine overheat.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coo Coo. That's what I was thinking on the coolant lines. As for everything else, it's starting to look like I'm going to have to snatch the intake manifold :mad: to make sure I have a nice clean removal and can get to everything on the firewall. I'll be posting up a write-up on it once it's done.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after removing the intake manifold and messing around w/ it a bit, I finally got the heater core and the rest of the heater ducts out. Here's my final result. Now all I have to do is put it back together.

BTW: the fire extinguisher was on the pillar when it got it. I'm going to keep it in the car but it'll be mounted in a different location for sure. Besides, it should give me an extra 10 @ the wheels for sure. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.