Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i use to plug the heater outlet on the head under the distributor. I was thinking of using an oil drain plug. Right now i have a rubber cap.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I think its like a 20mm hex head, unscrew it and find a bolt to replace it with.

Or you can weld them shut....

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I need more info than that.. MX x X.XX ?
Want me to wipe your butt too?

J/K unscrew it and take it to the hardware store and use the gauge to find the right bolt...

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
the heater assembly does act as a backup radiator in case our main fan fails or something. you sure you want to eliminate that?
5 years without a heater no problems here. only problem is cold weather and foggy windows.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
5 years without a heater no problems here. only problem is cold weather and foggy windows.
I hear ya. but you never know when something bad might happen. that thing has saved me from a bad thermostat valve and a bad fan relay so many times that I will never get rid of it.
been over a year now and things are fine, but Id rather have it and not need it than the other way round.

but then again, to each his own :)

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
I hear ya. but you never know when something bad might happen. that thing has saved me from a bad thermostat valve and a bad fan relay so many times that I will never get rid of it.
been over a year now and things are fine, but Id rather have it and not need it than the other way round.

but then again, to each his own :)
oh yes i know its like a fail safe but if you do your maintenance on your cooling system you should be fine. but i agree its a good thing to have.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Right now i have rubber caps to block off all the unused coolant lines wich is most of them except the radiator hoses and bypass. I have all the AC and heater related stuff removed from the car, even the wiring. Its been liek that for 3 years. only over heating issue i had was when my radiator busted and my cooling fan wiring got messed up some how due to previous owner install of slim fan.

I pretty much try to simplify things as much as i can under the hood and if something can be eliminated why not...

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
At first I was like, Why no heater?

Then I realized you're in Florida.

:doh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts