Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its cold here in iowa and snow is already on the ground...Well me heat works half ass in the crx...i have it on 4 and its bearly blows so its hard to not have the windows fog up and make it hard to see....was wondering what could cause this?? Is it the blower motor? I just put a new thermostat in..

D

·
0 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. Well not same but similar. Could be the blower motor. Does heat come out when u are sitting still and its on 4? or just when you are moving?

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Could Be

Your Heater resistor could be gone if it is not spinning fast, or your motor itself is getting weak. If air flow changes like it should with each additional level on your blower motor switch than it is not your resistor. if it does not blow except for on high or everything works but high your resistor is most likely shot. If low heat is your problem you could have heater core problems which is common, and it has to be flushed or replaced. You could also have heater door problems, if the door doesn't open all the way, then you can not get all your air flow through the heater core.

to check the heater core take your hand and put it on the heater hose going into the firewall, and then feel the one beside it, they should be hot and equal temperature if they are cold or unequal temperature, you have a flow problem.

-TAG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts