Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so is it just me or am i the onyl one who barely has any heat in the winter?
at idle my car warms up perfectly fine and blows plenty of heat.. but when im driving... my car wont stay warm..and when it does warm up a bit if i turn the heat on the temp gauge goes down...

help a guy freezing his sack off everytime he drives....

·
Registered
91 civic dx sedan
351 Posts
block part of your radiator it should help with the heat issue

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
but that intercooler on and you wont be having these issues. my damn ic is causing my underhood temps to rise. i have seen a 6 degree increase in the last few days for some reason.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have everythign for the turbo lol... im wondering if maybe its my thermostat? maybe previous owner installed a higher degree one or something?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes its probably your thermostat.

DO NOT USE A HIGHER TEMPERATURE THERMOSTAT!!!!

It does not fix your problem.

If its stuck open you will be at regular temperature at a stop light, for example, and you take off... your temp will close to the cold mark.

If its stuck closed your car will overheat.

Try the cardboard trick if your outside temps are below 10 degrees. I recommend wax coated cardboard.

Changing the temperature that your engine operates is not a good idea... It really messes with things.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
i have a full size radiator, and i have never experienced this problem, even that 1 day it was -10 outside.

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im prolly gonan grab up another tstat.... gay shit, im ready to blow this thing up
more money more money more money

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
JIMMY!

No heat in the winter? You should drive my pickup, it has no heat ever.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
lol f00ker back from the dead..... *faints*
krychek (chris) was talking about honda's today, and he gave me some photos of me and my dirt-mobile autocrossing a few years ago...

Had to stop in and say hi to the fellas. Once I get a house, i'll look into building another EF

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
krychek (chris) was talking about honda's today, and he gave me some photos of me and my dirt-mobile autocrossing a few years ago...

Had to stop in and say hi to the fellas. Once I get a house, i'll look into building another EF
sweet... keep us updated on both the house and a future ef project

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
lol... its been in the low single digits here in ohuya... there hasnt been school in like a week due to the cold. not snow.. just how cold it is
damnit that sux..i like my mid 70s weather. i think im in the mood for some rain tho..havnt had enough this year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts