Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
F-350 Dually
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 Civic EX, d16y8

Noticed this in the winter and I want to get it squared away before I need it this winter!

I start the car in the morning, let the engine warm up. Turn on the heater to defrost the windows. Temp goes up, gauge needle rises to normal levels, but heat will not blow out. The car blows ambient temps until the vehicle moves. Then heat starts coming out of the vents.

How come there's no heat until the car is moving? Of course, that defeats the purpose of trying to defrost the windows before driving!!

Any suggestions? Any ideas? Anyone care for a mint?

Thanks,

Nic in B'ham

·
Registered
F-350 Dually
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not following you...

The blower works - heat or a/c, it's fine. It doesn't blow heat until the car moves.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
I don't think that would be a blend door prblm cuz then it wouldn't blow hot ever.
but i'm not sure what to tell you. keep us informd.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
well he said it blows hot sometimes. so the heater core is good. and the blower works. so all thats left to control is blend doors

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
How about check your coolant level.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
^ i would assume he checked that first... if he didnt then he will get a motivational poster from me muahhahahaha

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
possibly water pump and just cause it dosnt over heat dont mean its not water pump had the same problem ended up being water pump

·
Registered
F-350 Dually
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blend Door and Water Pump

I'll check both. Not a lot of info on the blend door in the Haynes - if anyone has any suggestions, please toss it out there.

Just for the record - yes, I did check the coolant level. (I'd rather go without a "motivational poster"!!! :) )

Thanks for the input.

Nic in B'ham

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Blend Door and Water Pump

I'll check both. Not a lot of info on the blend door in the Haynes - if anyone has any suggestions, please toss it out there.

Just for the record - yes, I did check the coolant level. (I'd rather go without a "motivational poster"!!! :) )

Thanks for the input.

Nic in B'ham
good luck

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
i bet water pump, you need that pressure to push the coolant through the heater core, and you might try one other thing, take the in and out hoses for the heater core and use a garden hose and run water through the core directly, you never know what you'll push out of there, also go in reverse, if you go in the same direction that the coolant flows you'll just push whatever, if anything is in it, further into the heater core.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts