Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering... like the hondata gasket for the IM

could a fiberglass gasket be used? provided that correct measurements and all are done... i dont really know if the fiberglass would take the heat that'd be coming from the side of the head ;)

id like to get sum infos on how much heat fiberglass can withstand bfor i go about in starting the project/idea

thanx a bunch guys in advance ;)

C

·
0 Posts
i'm pretty sure fiberglass can withstand a lot of heat...since the heat wraps for the headers are made of fiberglass...but they are fragile...

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
transzex said:
getting it cut is easy, programing the water jet cutter isn't!!!!!!!
it really does not take much time to take an existing gasket and trace it with a Tablet or a 3d input device. If someone is willing to try it, I might be able to take the time to create a CAD template to cut by

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
civic4ges said:
it really does not take much time to take an existing gasket and trace it with a Tablet or a 3d input device. If someone is willing to try it, I might be able to take the time to create a CAD template to cut by
I've been considering doing this, but need to find someone/somewhere to do the actual machining for me. I also need to acquire a decent cad package. I've played with the stuff from emachineshop.com . It gets the job done but their pricing is a little steep unless you are buying in real bulk. I designed a simple flange that I needed for a project that I'm working on. $85 to have them cut just 1, but they would make me 20 for $120.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Don't you have CNC machinist school near you ? Maybe they can do it for me, I will bring them an oem gasket, and will make it in phenolic material :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts