Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So both of my headlight plugs have been melting since before I owned the car. The previous owner was too dumb to run anything other than stock bulbs, and I've since replaced them with Silverstars.

Is this a common problem on Civics?

Because they're melting the connectors don't fit very well and have boogered up the terminals. The left light goes dim every so often because of this. I'm gonna replace them but not sure if there's an improved version to use or just find some stock replacements from the boneyard.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I was back in the states I ran the silverstars as well in all of my Honda's and never had any problems whatsoever. I havent heard of many problem like that before in Honda's. Over here I am running Raybrig bulbs and they are working very well too. I know that APC makes a wiring harness upgrade for people who are running high wattage bulbs, its all plug and play from what I understand. And its only like 45 bucks, something worth checking out.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
The plugs melt when u use a higher wattage bulb that what the oem harnesses can handle, this happened to me as well, but I replaced the oem wire harnesses with some high watt ones and now im running high watt Blue xenon's without any problems.....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
sohcnovtec said:
When I was back in the states I ran the silverstars as well in all of my Honda's and never had any problems whatsoever. I havent heard of many problem like that before in Honda's. Over here I am running Raybrig bulbs and they are working very well too. I know that APC makes a wiring harness upgrade for people who are running high wattage bulbs, its all plug and play from what I understand. And its only like 45 bucks, something worth checking out.
45 bucks?!? mine were like 22.99 a pair from Advance Auto parts....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MyblkVTEC said:
The plugs melt when u use a higher wattage bulb that what the oem harnesses can handle, this happened to me as well, but I replaced the oem wire harnesses with some high watt ones and now im running high watt Blue xenon's without any problems.....
I guess the original owner replaced them with something stupid and melted them before I got the car... because I've never put anything larger than the original 55/60w bulbs in it..

I'll look into the adapter. Is APC the only place that makes it? I could probably make it myself, just need to find the plug.

Thanks fellas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts