Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 DX hatch
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pull my headlights out and paint them since its too cold to work in the garage. Found some good write ups on how to do this just curious about what color to go with. My car is a black 98' hatch, thinking about going gunmetal.. maybe black.. flat, gloss, semi-gloss. Dunno. looking for opinions or pics from others who have done this.

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
HID retro!! im gona do it and paint the housing flat back,take a look

Hid retro

ima do it and slap on a 55w kit for $50 ; P

·
Registered
same as above
1,084 Posts
Looks like an excellent way to reduce your vision at night.

x2
Black aborbs light plain and simple

Wiki: Black is the color of objects that do not emit or reflect light in any part of the visible spectrum; they absorb all such frequencies of light.

·
Registered
136 Posts
actually the part I believe he is going to paint is not the part the reflects light from the bulb....There is a cone shaped chrome like piece that surrounds the blub and that is what projects the light. He wants to paint the chrome piece that is outside that cone piece which does nearly nothing but reflect on coming light and maybe distort light from the bulb.

When I painted mine black I did not notice a difference in visibility and I sported silverstars, and that is the one most important thing to me with my car because I love driving at night. The only thing it changes in the look during the day and it makes them look more suttle at night due to the outside chrome piece not distorting light and looking obnoxious.

I later bought ebay black housing because my OEM were yellowing, and bought 4300k HID bulbs.....best thing ever, I will argue I can see better at night that the day!:yes:

·
Registered
99 ek
722 Posts
ohh i cant wait, what u guys think of those 55w hid, and $50, i was shocked when i saw it at first, but i dont want cops up my a$$ for bright lights

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
you don't have to take them apart just spray all over the lenses for ultimate sleeper look

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
My point exactly. They are shiny on the inside for a reason. So they actually light up the road, not just the area in front of your Hood.

·
Registered
01 Gsr And 06 Xrunne
231 Posts
i dont see how this is goin to reduce his light output its basically the same as black housing headlights only they dont reduce light since he's not painting the reflective part of it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts