Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, haven't posted anything in a long time...been overseas away from my car for a year and it makes me miss it more when i come here often! Anyways, i'm hoping i can word this in a way that will be understood.

When i do finally get back home it's time to get a new header. I have a LX chassis/body but a d17a2 engine (EX model). All the header companies distinguish different header for EX vs. LX...soooo i'm wondering if there is something different between the two chassis etc. that poses different clearance issues or if the exhaust ports are different for the two motors? Kinda wordy and confusing possibly, hopefully someone can understand what i mean. If not, i'll try and clarify.

Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
well its only because of the differences in the actual exhausts. the EX(d17a2) is a shorty header with a downpipe and cat then a catback. But the d17a1 (dx/lx) has the cat in the header so the catback is longer and goes to the bottom of the engine bay. basically the header that you should buy is one that will fit your exhaust. i see from your sig you have a 2.25" custom exhaust so basically if its a EX length then get an ex header/downpipe combo, or if it isnt get an LX header with cat delete

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome, thanks man.

·
Registered
72 Posts
no prob. glad to help. also with ur mods i would reccomend the next thing to get is a crower stage 1 cam. deffinitely gives the motor a lot more pep

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tossed that idea around for a while now. Definitely would like to do that. Is it alright to to run this without a tune though? I don't have grand plans for this motor, for obvious reasons haha so i would not invest in K-pro to go along with the cam. Any ideas or thoughts on running the stage 1 un-tuned?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts